Crap Television Shows Of Yesteryear?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Last of the summer wine
Songs of praise
House of Eliot
Heartbeat
Birds of a feather

All of the above were all on a Sunday evening I think, and were utter, utter shite. After football Italia on a Sunday it was just me, a peach melba and subbuteo (playing both teams, gerrin),

It Ain't Half Hot Mum
Hi De Hi
Love Thy Neighbour
Bless This House
On The Buses
Mind Your Language
3-2-1
It's a Knockout
Any Seaside Special

and a special mention for Interceptor, which I saw a few weeks ago on some distant channel, which it was so bad I laughed my arse off at it.

Back when we only had 3 channels; our family would still sit on a Saturday night and watch all of the sh@#te and actually convince ourselves it was good.....particularly Larry Grayson's Generation Game; or anything featuring Little & Large, probably top of the bill

I do admit to once having paid money to see a Little & Large show in Blackpool and even from a "half-cut and just a bit fun" perspective, it was truly awful

Just eating dinner now and Hi De Hi is on. Paul Shane was an absolute disgrace of a man and the show is total chod, not a patch on the likes of on the buses, man about the house, Terry and June, bless this house and Cosmos by Carl Sagan.

So over to you SMBers.
I bumped into Paul Shane near M and S in Sunderland years ago. He was carrying a bag of tangerines.

The Price Is Right

Monty Python's Flying Circus

Fame!

Monkey

Not The Nine O'clock News

Rentaghost

:evil:

I bumped into Paul Shane near M and S in Sunderland years ago. He was carrying a bag of tangerines.

:evil:
I had a similar experience with Brian Jacks (anyone remember him - judo and Superstars fame). He wanted to know if there was a good Chinese in Newcastle. It was late 80s, I was young, I didn't have a clue. And I was taken by surprise by his squeaky voice!! :lol:

It looks like many of the dislikes are probably from people who aren't old enough to remember them the first time round. Lots of things look crap in retrospect.
I agree the Black & White Minstrels was diabolical but as a young lad it gave you the chance to see really fit scantily clad women :lol:

You're having a laugh Shirley? It was ground breaking

Last edited:
Friends

Every time I hear that crap signature tune I have to change channel quickly. Americans posturing to each other telling shite jokes to a background of hysterical canned laughter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back