Crap Television Shows Of Yesteryear?

Status
Not open for further replies.

I have been told it is apparently very good so maybe shouldn't be mentioned in a thread like this but the Red Dwarf series went straight over my head. I found it painfully unfunny and gave up after about a handful of episodes.

However, there was a series in the late 1980s I loved to bits but I can't for the life of me remember its name. Was about a widdowed father living with his teenage daughter. His mother-in-law was a very funny, grey-haired lady who could put on the funniest face expression when not impressed with something. Going to bug me that I can't remember the name of the series as I was tuned in each week for years. Mind, not everything ages well so it could well be crap now.

Tbf though you are a euro-weirdo, you just wouldn't get it.

Winner takes all with Jimmy Tarbuck, by fuck that shit was bad.

The Epilogue, the little dot in the middle of the screen, getting up far too early on a saturday morning in the 1970's and having to watch the Open University on BBC2 before the kids programmes started on BBC1 and ITV.

Tbf though you are a euro-weirdo, you just wouldn't get it.

Winner takes all with Jimmy Tarbuck, by fuck that shit was bad.

Too sophisticated for me that series.

But I have managed to remember with help from Google what the other series was called. Tis this one here:

Used to love watching that. But looking at even just the intro now it looks frightfully dated.

And the mother-in-law I loved watching was played by Joan Sanderson. Fab she was.

Dunno if it's been mentioned but whoever commissioned the atrocious 'Sean's Show' wants flogging with the raggy end of a pineapple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back