Clapping on 17 minutes...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Showed our respect for the lads last time round and with the collection.
Time to move on, no matter what anyone in the Chronicle or the likes of Simon Bird/Mark Douglas might try and tell everyone.

It is a no win situation.
They will be watching for people not clapping to label us all.
No doubt they will all spot or hear someone mocking the deaths.
Bookmark this.

I don't think there's any need. When it happened it was a shocking event, after all the lads were just traveling to watch their team, if SAFC had randomly had their fixtures instead that might have been a couple of our fans. I think it was great that we showed we could put the rivalry aside and do something which will have genuinely helped their families and which showed the north east in a very good light. It was good to continue that into the first derby and show our respects even at the most heated fixture of the season.

That's done now though, we've done the right thing in raising money for the charities and applauding with the Newcastle fans at st James, something that prior to the event no one would ever have imagined happening. I think that's us done our bit and I don't think anyone gains anything by continuing it. Fair enough if their fans want to remember them at every game this season but I don't think we need to, or should, join in. After this season I hope they move on as well, they've done their bit too and I'm sure the families would be happy if they could start going to games without being reminded of it every time in the future. RIP to the lads but let them rest, and let's move on.

It's a no from me, I hate these predefined minutes of clapping whatever the cause.

I really hope our fans respect it though, no plane gestures please although the chances of some pissed fucker doing it are pretty high.

I just think folks have become too mawkish since the death of Diana. You can't open FB any day it would seem without being bombarded with over sentimental reactions to death. Candlelight vigils, walks through the town with balloons, hundreds of bouquets left at roadsides, or tied to lamposts. Maybe it's because I grew up on a farm just after the war, and I think I'm from that old stoical generation that accepted life, and death in a different way.

A lot of mags I know have been getting sick of it as well.

Time to move on.

Derby games are too frenzied to be worrying about looking at your watch making sure you don't miss the 19 minute mark.

to be honest...getting a bit sick of it now like...tragic event we all know that...but I hope it ends at end of this season

Enough is enough.

It is pathetic and scouse-like now.

the fund raising was pretty f***ing decent... i doubt the mags would have done the same if the roles were reversed.

but its over , we need the points and we want history to record a momentous 5th.
FTM

Instead we should be backing the lads, making as much noise as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back