Bubble trip: Plan of action

Status
Not open for further replies.
From people I know that have has run ins with Mr Weir there is zero who think he is trustworthy. A couple of lads who have very respectable and professional jobs got caught up in the central station incident and through no fault of their own got banning orders. They had no one on their sides even though CCTV proved they done the square root of fuck all.

Weir was banning season cards from lads before they had even been found guilty of anything, he seems to have a major dislike of our fans.

Agree about an eloquent spokesperson. Capt F would appear to be the man. He was talking to Mason on Twitter earlier and Mason (north east regional press chap) was stating that fans need to stand together and that he would be writing about the issue.

As someone who was punched as a kid while walking with my dad outside Roker Park I'm only too aware how f***ing pathetic some of you lot can be. You hardly have exclusivity on this though as every club, every city has morons like that. The police answer to this sort of behaviour is to make it impossible for fans to mix. It's one solution I suppose, and one that they have the most control over, but it inconveniences people too much.

A far more adult approach to this would have been to let people go to the game as they please. However anyone caught causing bother should have been in no doubt that they would face draconian punishment, and I'm not talking about banning orders and losing season tickets. If people can get proper time for looting trainers then I see no reason why similar sentences can't be handed down for people misbehaving at the game.

I know the game isn't due to be on UK TV but I'd ban pubs in the city centre from showing it. The vast majority of the bother last year was caused by pissed up charvas who spent the day drinking, and not by people at the game. That just leaves the police the pubs where there is a mix to handle. Draconaian sentences there as well then, and the rest of us can go and enjoy the game/get clinically depressed like grown ups.

I have a suggestion. At the end of tomorrows home game, supporters should congregate in the South Stand (could be another area if people prefer?). then stay for 15, 20 minutes after the game with 'ban the bubble' signs and signing against the measures etc. Then, afterwards, leave.
This way we
(i) won't affect the players,
(ii) make a public display of our opposition to the measures (better than posts on the internet) and hopefully
(iii) gather some media momentum against the policy.

If anyone has any other ideas - please post them. Furthermore, simply posting this thread is not enough. We will need people (I'm happy to help as best I can) who will forward this idea to journos, particularly ALS/ 73 etc, give out flyers, leave notes on people's seats, actually make the banners etc.

I know it's short notice - but I feel that given the strength of opinion amongst our fans this is a fairly constructive approach and one if we all pull together we can make a statement on. It would only take a couple of hundred people out of a crowd of 10k to have the desired affect.

Best of luck with it. Should it not work, may I suggest a fancy dress theme of The Prisoner for the trip?

If you can't change it, then take the piss out of it.....

I have a suggestion. At the end of tomorrows home game, supporters should congregate in the South Stand (could be another area if people prefer?). then stay for 15, 20 minutes after the game with 'ban the bubble' signs and signing against the measures etc. Then, afterwards, leave.
This way we
(ii) make a public display of our opposition to the measures (better than posts on the internet) and hopefully

If anyone has any other ideas - please post them. Furthermore, simply posting this thread is not enough. We will need people (I'm happy to help as best I can) who will forward this idea to journos, particularly ALS/ 73 etc, give out flyers, leave notes on people's seats, actually make the banners etc.

I know it's short notice - but I feel that given the strength of opinion amongst our fans this is a fairly constructive approach and one if we all pull together we can make a statement on. It would only take a couple of hundred people out of a crowd of 10k to have the desired affect.

Weir's comments are certainly very questionable. The @faircop character is talking to the FSF now and will advise on best approach. Will keep you all posted.

@faircop is the FSF, it's the @UnionBerlinMan that's contacted them...is that anyone on here? Would be good to know what's happening so we don't all go off on tangents!

This way we

Thats not going any attantion at all from media

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back