Bubble trip: Plan of action

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ok. So for the petition you need a title and detail of the petition (what action you want the Government to take). Any ideas?

Exactly. I saw much worse en route to The Stone Roses. We have not "brought this upon ourselves" as the large majority of Sunderland fans are well behaved. As in society, there is a minority who will use any event (gig, derby, an Irish Saints Day) to cause trouble. Sorry Biggie, but ignoring your comments on this thread appears the only sensible thing to do from here on in.

I think a petition is a good idea. As is a formal letter, that we could include within the petition website. There is a fan liaison bloke we should cc in to our contact with the club.

I'd back us to get 100k signatures. We'd just need a decent strategy using social media and some clear "tasks" for those who want to get involved.

Chris Waters, supporter liaison officer -

[email protected]

Some basic advice here http://www.movements.org/how-to/entry/how-to-create-and-promote-an-online-petition-for-your-cause/

I contacted @fsf_faircop last night. A case worker on behalf of the FSF about the legality of the bubble trip. Fans of all clubs involved previously in "bubbles" should be made a priority. Here is the reply.[DOUBLEPOST=1388836293][/DOUBLEPOST]Something non-SAFC so other fans can get behind it.

On the above link the FSF use "Watching football is not a crime" which could work as a title.

Well done The Bandit. I think you're completely right about trying to have some kind of organised response to this. I'm more than happy to be part of this. I've worked with the FSF before on similar issues ("Fair Cop" and the Central Station debacle) and know a few of the team fairly well. Also think the idea of linking with True Faith is essential and will give any response a lot more weight.
Although lots of this can be done virtually/electronically, I'm wondering if there's any mileage in those of us interested in playing an active role meeting up pre or post-match on Sunday just to get the ball rolling proper?

Well done The Bandit. I think you're completely right about trying to have some kind of organised response to this. I'm more than happy to be part of this. I've worked with the FSF before on similar issues ("Fair Cop" and the Central Station debacle) and know a few of the team fairly well. Also think the idea of linking with True Faith is essential and will give any response a lot more weight.
Although lots of this can be done virtually/electronically, I'm wondering if there's any mileage in those of us interested in playing an active role meeting up pre or post-match on Sunday just to get the ball rolling proper?
A meet up before / after the match tomorrow sounds like a great idea for anyone interested.

Fully agree - wish I could join. As an exile, I'll do what I can electronically. I know the London Branch well from my time down there so can speak with them. Ian Todd has previously been active in writing to Northumbria Police so may want to get involved with this.

Dear Louise.
As head of Media and Communications at the club, my estimation is that the best chance of having my opinion heard within the club is via communication with you.
Now, I write today in horror at what the club recently announced in terms of the travel arrangements for the aforementioned fixture. I was planning on attending the match with a couple of lifelong friends as a football supporter, a supporter of Sunderland AFC. The fact that I am a football fan does not mean that I should instantaneously be brandished a threat to the general public, which seems to be the case here. I am fully confident that my friends and I are respected members of the community, all without criminal records, so why should we be treated like criminals for simply wanting to go and support our team.
We travel from North Yorkshire most weeks to the vast majority of games, both home and away, and the friends in question have been season ticket holders for some time, one for around 15 years and the other for 40 plus years. This means that the travel arrangements set in place are not practical for us. We were planning on using the train to travel to the match as a small group (3, perhaps 4 of us), so the fact that we cannot be trusted to do so by our own club is extremely disappointing.
I myself am not a season ticket holder as it is not currently viable for me to do so, however I was considering doing so when the prospect becomes more viable. However, if us as fans continue to be punished for other people’s crimes, then I shall perhaps be forced to reconsider my position on a future purchase of a season card. At the end of the day we are adults, and deserve to be treated as such. May I remind you that it is always a minority of support that cause problems in the stands and after the games, not the majority, however now the majority are being punished. Also the fact that the Newcastle supporters did not have to endure this treatment, even though after the last game in Newcastle it was the Newcastle ‘supporters’ that were the ones to cause trouble and bring negative publicity to our region on a global scale (friends I have in America, Germany and Azerbaijan all contacted me to say they had seen what occurred after that fixture).
I am extremely disappointed that the club has chosen to treat their own fans in this manner, and I am afraid that us fans may have to start voting with our feet in order for the club to sit up and take notice.
Thankyou for your time, any correspondence will be greatly appreciated.

Long as fuck, I know, but hopefully more of the same from our own fans will encourage the club to sit up and take note.

No. NP have said its not needed for games at sunderland

Which is true. The fact is that the SOL is situated in a far easier location to segregate and police away fans.

This does not diminish the fact that the Bubble Trip is a gross over reaction by NP. Essentially it will not reduce the number of Police on duty just make life much easier for them, and attendance for some SAFC fans far more difficult. Obviously neither NP nor the clubs (NUFC or SAFC) will give a shit about that.

Dear Louise.
As head of Media and Communications at the club, my estimation is that the best chance of having my opinion heard within the club is via communication with you.
Now, I write today in horror at what the club recently announced in terms of the travel arrangements for the aforementioned fixture. I was planning on attending the match with a couple of lifelong friends as a football supporter, a supporter of Sunderland AFC. The fact that I am a football fan does not mean that I should instantaneously be brandished a threat to the general public, which seems to be the case here. I am fully confident that my friends and I are respected members of the community, all without criminal records, so why should we be treated like criminals for simply wanting to go and support our team.
We travel from North Yorkshire most weeks to the vast majority of games, both home and away, and the friends in question have been season ticket holders for some time, one for around 15 years and the other for 40 plus years. This means that the travel arrangements set in place are not practical for us. We were planning on using the train to travel to the match as a small group (3, perhaps 4 of us), so the fact that we cannot be trusted to do so by our own club is extremely disappointing.
I myself am not a season ticket holder as it is not currently viable for me to do so, however I was considering doing so when the prospect becomes more viable. However, if us as fans continue to be punished for other people’s crimes, then I shall perhaps be forced to reconsider my position on a future purchase of a season card. At the end of the day we are adults, and deserve to be treated as such. May I remind you that it is always a minority of support that cause problems in the stands and after the games, not the majority, however now the majority are being punished. Also the fact that the Newcastle supporters did not have to endure this treatment, even though after the last game in Newcastle it was the Newcastle ‘supporters’ that were the ones to cause trouble and bring negative publicity to our region on a global scale (friends I have in America, Germany and Azerbaijan all contacted me to say they had seen what occurred after that fixture).
I am extremely disappointed that the club has chosen to treat their own fans in this manner, and I am afraid that us fans may have to start voting with our feet in order for the club to sit up and take notice.
Thankyou for your time, any correspondence will be greatly appreciated.

Long as fuck, I know, but hopefully more of the same from our own fans will encourage the club to sit up and take note.

Love the bit about friends in different countries. Cracking stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back