Bubble trip: Plan of action

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going to extremes I know. But say there's an SAFC fan living in Newcastle 5 minutes walk from SJP. Gets a lift through to Sunderland instead of walking there to abide with bubble rules, however on the way there there's a tragic accident.

Will the club and NP accept any responsibility for said accident given that the journey was an unnecessary one and forced upon said fan.

But they don't, you get it at a service station.....
yes everywhere else but its such a short journey to scum park in comparison to most of those you quoted whats the point in stopping at a service station when it can be done on the bus.................

Is anyone still going through on the train without a ticket ? With it not being on the box why not do this & when arrived tell a copper you missed the bus/ticket. This may open up the small chance that in all the confusion of the day they might just let you in rather than wander the streets :)

Having been in touch I am hopeful that the FSF will organise something. Assuming they do, we really need as many SAFC and NUFC supporters as possible to support any form of protest. This is not about inconvenience (although I appreciate that it is massively inconvenient for some). It is about civil liberties. As football supporters we should be able to expect the same right to civil liberties as anyone else. It is obvious that rights sometimes need to be fettered. However, treating 3,000 people in this way because of the risk of misbehaviour from a small number of the criminally minded is totally disproportionate (I also happen to think it is counterproductive but that is a different issue). We have the right to expect the police to protect us from criminals (and the police deserve our support in return). That right does not disappear when we attend fooball matches. Instead, rather than the criminal element being confronted our right to go about our lawful business peacefully is being severealy constrained.

Having been in touch I am hopeful that the FSF will organise something. Assuming they do, we really need as many SAFC and NUFC supporters as possible to support any form of protest. This is not about inconvenience (although I appreciate that it is massively inconvenient for some). It is about civil liberties. As football supporters we should be able to expect the same right to civil liberties as anyone else. It is obvious that rights sometimes need to be fettered. However, treating 3,000 people in this way because of the risk of misbehaviour from a small number of the criminally minded is totally disproportionate (I also happen to think it is counterproductive but that is a different issue). We have the right to expect the police to protect us from criminals (and the police deserve our support in return). That right does not disappear when we attend fooball matches. Instead, rather than the criminal element being confronted our right to go about our lawful business peacefully is being severealy constrained.
top post

Is anyone still going through on the train without a ticket ? With it not being on the box why not do this & when arrived tell a copper you missed the bus/ticket. This may open up the small chance that in all the confusion of the day they might just let you in rather than wander the streets :)
aye they are really going to let any Tom Dick or Harry in without a ticket...............a ticket they have no idea you even purchased in the first place.............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back