Bridcutt

Status
Not open for further replies.

There was a moment in the first half when Van Aanholt was free on the left, with a clear run into the box, waving for the ball. Bridcutt, ten yards inside their half, had a clear pass to him. He turned round and passed it back.

Obviously if it was me I'd have pinged the ball over, then sprinted to the edge of the 18 yard box ready to smack the cut back into the roof of the net :)
There was a time in the match AJ had a pass on to Defoe to put him clear but ran with it.
They're not all perfect, but I general bridcutt, like AJ, had a decent game

He looks for the backwards pass first instead of when there are no other options
That's his job, to tidy up, a defensive midfielder.
Pass the ball to safety, and he's usually their as an outlet for players to pass to him. Keeps things safe.
I think people here expect him to go on dazzling dribbling runs, setting up goals.

Thought he was poor today at best,only passes backwards and looks very weak in general.look at the guy at west ham the ex arsenal player I can't remember his name,strong as bull and what difference that next level of player in the middle
Makes

He was poor again, he was only playing against poor opposition but still lost possession, played far too deep again and has limited passing ability.

He was better than normal but was still poor. Having said that the pass to Van Aanholt aside I thought Gomez was worse. It was nice the rest of them played well though.

Thought he looked like a championship midfielder today, which is what he is.
This , he can cope against the weaker teams , top 8 sides are too strong for him , unless rodwell mans up and shows a big improvement we just have to sruggle on.

He has to play deep to cover PVA and
Reveillere, who are supposed to go down the wings.
If bridcutt didn't play feel we would have 2 at the back.
Fair comment , we played a back four yesterday and it suits his deep position , if we revert to 5 at tge back then he will
Have to be more forward thinking.

He like others is pedestrian at times
He needs to get quicker
Larson overtook him tracking back to make a challenge just outside our box

Much better yes. Gus did say they were fearing the worst so there was clearly some substance to the concerns he was going to be out long term but that the scans had shown things to be not so bad
god stuff , should sticky that new post on him . Love Catts me more than rocky anarl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back