Bridcutt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chip

Winger
Thought he did better today, he has been a negative influence in midfield for weeks with his constant turning on the spot and passing backwards but today he didnt do as much negative defensive stuff.

He Still had a tendency to want to turn away from the opposition and struggled to get the flight of a forward pass right which may be the reason for all the back passes in the past but he looked ok today and tried to be more positive.

If he tried to bring Larrson or Johnson in more often today they could keep the forward momentum going now we have genuine movement ahead in Defoe (and Wickham) thought we had more goals in us if this had happened.

Pleased today overall now all they have to do is keep it going!

He was ok but I wish someone would turn off his default setting of passing backwards when we are playing against the 'lesser sides' at home.

I have been critical of his overall negativity but he was better today so credit where its due. No where near MOM but a more acceptable performance. Hopefully he can improve every week until Catts is back.

I have been critical of his overall negativity but he was better today so credit where its due. No where near MOM but a more acceptable performance. Hopefully he can improve every week until Catts is back.
not going to be back until next season

There was a moment in the first half when Van Aanholt was free on the left, with a clear run into the box, waving for the ball. Bridcutt, ten yards inside their half, had a clear pass to him. He turned round and passed it back.

Obviously if it was me I'd have pinged the ball over, then sprinted to the edge of the 18 yard box ready to smack the cut back into the roof of the net :)

Whats the craic with him turning his back on the ball when someone challenges him for a header (mainly from goal kicks)?

Thought he did better today, he has been a negative influence in midfield for weeks with his constant turning on the spot and passing backwards but today he didnt do as much negative defensive stuff.

He Still had a tendency to want to turn away from the opposition and struggled to get the flight of a forward pass right which may be the reason for all the back passes in the past but he looked ok today and tried to be more positive.

If he tried to bring Larrson or Johnson in more often today they could keep the forward momentum going now we have genuine movement ahead in Defoe (and Wickham) thought we had more goals in us if this had happened.

Pleased today overall now all they have to do is keep it going!
It's not just him a lot of our players could turn and carry the ball but decide to just pass it back or lay it off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back