Bridcutt

Status
Not open for further replies.

That's his job, to tidy up, a defensive midfielder.
Pass the ball to safety, and he's usually their as an outlet for players to pass to him. Keeps things safe.
I think people here expect him to go on dazzling dribbling runs, setting up goals.
No but his absolute negativity is annoying and at times embarrassing

Thought he did better today, he has been a negative influence in midfield for weeks with his constant turning on the spot and passing backwards but today he didnt do as much negative defensive stuff.

He Still had a tendency to want to turn away from the opposition and struggled to get the flight of a forward pass right which may be the reason for all the back passes in the past but he looked ok today and tried to be more positive.

If he tried to bring Larrson or Johnson in more often today they could keep the forward momentum going now we have genuine movement ahead in Defoe (and Wickham) thought we had more goals in us if this had happened.

Pleased today overall now all they have to do is keep it going!

I am not just saying this for the sake of it, but he was really poor again today.

We have some good players, but are carrying a few passengers in the team, and he is one of them I would play Rodwell ahead of him when fit.

Played well today, did the spade work nowt special, did what he had to do, left the are on the D a bit open at times, but canny solid,

No he didn't.

Thought he did better today, he has been a negative influence in midfield for weeks with his constant turning on the spot and passing backwards but today he didnt do as much negative defensive stuff.

He Still had a tendency to want to turn away from the opposition and struggled to get the flight of a forward pass right which may be the reason for all the back passes in the past but he looked ok today and tried to be more positive.

If he tried to bring Larrson or Johnson in more often today they could keep the forward momentum going now we have genuine movement ahead in Defoe (and Wickham) thought we had more goals in us if this had happened.

Pleased today overall now all they have to do is keep it going!
He's terrible.

Hopefully the rumours of a lengthy lay off are just that, can't contemplate not having Cattermole back til next season. Even if Bridcutt carry's some form into the latter part of the season he's not going to be as pivotal as a fit and up for it Catts.

hopefully when Rodwell comes back he'll slot into defensive mid where I think he had his best game against man city, bridcutt is an awful footballer and we're struggling if he starts every game
Bridcutt is more effective for us than Rodwell which says everything. No coincidence that we played better yesterday when Rodwell was nowhere to be seen.

Is not good enough for team that wants to challenge for the top half but he is decent enough squad player.

He does try and no doubt he recieved instruction,every player does,but he's so far out of his depth in this league it stands out a mile.he does attempt to position himself for defenders to pass to him but those positions are where when he recieved the ball his next pass is back to them.noticed yesterday that john oshea just ran past him with the ball then past wide

Got to go in for mark noble IF catts out for rest of season

Thats the problem, fans expect that. He was 2.5m - catts was 6 mill 4 years ago !!!
He made 21 successful tackles and interceptions, lost 3, made 53 successful passes with 6 astray, won 2 out of 7 aerial challenges. Anyone saying he was crap hasnt got a clue.
Well I like to think I do have a bit of a clue and I'm sorry, he was poor - left gaps all over the midfield.

For me got to play Rodwell there, he has been poor, but he cost 10 million, and we need to try and get the best out of him, not sure Bridcutt will ever improve greatly, Rodwell is a potential asset

the only way him and Wickham will get better is if they are playing

Bridcutt is more effective for us than Rodwell which says everything. No coincidence that we played better yesterday when Rodwell was nowhere to be seen.
I think Rodwell is a waste of space centre mid probably our worst option but against man city he looked like he knew what he was doing and I think with a bit of discipline he can be a decent defensive midfielder and twice the player bridcutt is, not that it says a lot but still

I'd bring Rodwell back in for Gomez, if Cattermole injured, half of the decent chances Burnley created came from Gomez losing a tackle or being caught in possession. Bridcutt isn't very good but at least he can keep possession and make a tackle.

Bridcutt's primary purpose is to make himself available to receive a pass. Once in possession he may not have the range of passing of a Pirlo or a Yaya Toure, possibly not even a Cattermole (who, incidentally, has recently been elevated from his previous incarnation as an ill-disciplined, injury-prone thug, to this exalted company, on here). Nonetheless, Liverpool enjoyed massive success in the 70s/80s playing a system based on making 20 short, simple passes rather than speculating on one 'Hollywood' pass.

Having a player who can just keep things ticking over unspectacularly can be a distinct advantage. France's success has been recognised as having as much to do with 'The Water-Carrier', Didier Deschamps as it did Viera and Pires.

Bridcutt will never be a player who captivates the crowd, but he could become our very own Deschamps, albeit a more limited version.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back