Because I'm not like them, another mag with one of those made up stories, a nod and a wink etc etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was in the last year of junior school in the play off season. He had to be at least 11 before September 1st 1990. By the time Keegan kept yous up in 1992 he had to be at least 13 by the 1st September 1992. That is when he changed allegiances. He is a plastic, plain and simple. I went to school with the kid. Definitely a Sunderland fan, red and white shirt to school (no uniform at Cheviot in those days.) Low and behold in 3rd year Seniors he was a plastic mag

He graduated university in 2000.

That means he left school in 1995 at the very latest. He's 37 by my reckoning. He's a Keegan bandwaggon jumper.

To be fair he was doing well (financially) until he finally listed the moaning supporters and started splashing the cash a year ago.
Financially he was doing very well, to the massive detriment of the squad, until subsequent dalliances with relegation (and subsequent years of profit) forced his hand.
Employing Keegan at all was foolish, well past his sell by date, he knew it would keep the supporters happy though.
I agree it was foolhardy, we'd have been better served with a promising manager and if Keegan could be enticed into an ambassadorial role, that would have been perfect. But Ashley employed a back room team that was a disaster, undermined Keegan (prompting him to sue for constructive dismissal) and spectacularly fucked the relationship with the fans.

Possibly a consequence of the previous owners reckless spending.
Partly.

I'm sure that's why we tend not to structure transfer deals over time as Shepherd and Hall did, but he went too far the other way like failing to build on the 5th placed season, failing to make a permanent first team signing for 5 transfer windows.

No, that's not what I mean. I mean Ashley isn't paying for advertising and didn't pay for the stadium rebranding. That's why I said what I said. I find that's the best way to get my point across; to say what I mean.

So you expect Ashley to pay for advertising in his own stadium as well as putting over £100M into the club, which realistically he will never get back. I mean, who is willing to buy Newcastle and cover that debt? No one

I didn't say that Ashley is owed £100m by the club which he'll call in whenever he does sell the club, but there's another reason why I think he's a bad owner, that loan will always inflate the value of the club, putting off prospective buyers.

So what you mean is Ashley should write off that money he is owed to sell the club for cheap? And you still insist he hasn't put any money into the club :lol:

He would have left school in the Summer of 95 like me

Aye, the year after me. He's your typical Keegan mag. Sunderland supporter until the bandwaggon came rolling in, then jump on board and pretend you didn't really care much about Sunderland. He'd deny ever going to Sunderland matches except one of the "mates" he never sees anymore would blow his story wide open.

Bet the lanky fucker was covered in red and white on Cup Final day in 1992.

Aye, the year after me. He's your typical Keegan mag. Sunderland supporter until the bandwaggon came rolling in, then jump on board and pretend you didn't really care much about Sunderland. He'd deny ever going to Sunderland matches except one of the "mates" he never sees anymore would blow his story wide open.

Bet the lanky fucker was covered in red and white on Cup Final day in 1992.
There was shit loads of them at the time. One lad used to come with us to Roker, stand in the Fulwell End with the cup final top then he fucked off to Newcastle when Keegan arrived. Less than 12 month later he denied any of it happened despite all the lads knowing because they had been there with him. See him down shields now and I aways make a point of bringing it up

There was shit loads of them at the time. One lad used to come with us to Roker, stand in the Fulwell End with the cup final top then he fucked off to Newcastle when Keegan arrived. Less than 12 month later he denied any of it happened despite all the lads knowing because they had been there with him. See him down shields now and I aways make a point of bringing it up

Aye, Shields/Chester le Street/Washington and the East Durham villages are the worst offending areas I think. The infection did hit the likes of Houghton le Spring too sadly, thankfully not in as high numbers.

Just as well that will never happen again then with us being a division lower than you. Nowt to worry about.

Just as well that will never happen again then with us being a division lower than you. Nowt to worry about.
The lad will probably ditch his black & white top and return here, then deny the last 23 years ever happened

I agree it was foolhardy, we'd have been better served with a promising manager and if Keegan could be enticed into an ambassadorial role, that would have been perfect. But Ashley employed a back room team that was a disaster, undermined Keegan (prompting him to sue for constructive dismissal) and spectacularly fucked the relationship with the fans.

Aye, but appointing an up and coming manager would have had the bedsheet brigade out.

Expectation at Newcastle is laughable, even now immediately following relegation, there's talk of Champions League. Madness.

Financially he was doing very well, to the massive detriment of the squad, until subsequent dalliances with relegation (and subsequent years of profit) forced his hand.

Partly.

I'm sure that's why we tend not to structure transfer deals over time as Shepherd and Hall did, but he went too far the other way like failing to build on the 5th placed season, failing to make a permanent first team signing for 5 transfer windows.
Was Keegan successful with his constructive dismissal claim?

wuh dernt kerr aboot owa relargayshurnnnn , rafa az making az farl en lerv wivv tha tooooooon , RIP bobby rerbson x

they are so far in our shadda right now haha , absolute gimps man proper gimps , they'd be absolutely nothing without us , nothing .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back