Baby Squirrels

Status
Not open for further replies.

just found a few song thrush eggs on my lawn, would have been killed? eaten by grey squirrels or magpies

Is the egg empty ? Sometimes they stick to the underside of the bird when they're incubating them, and drop to the ground when the parent flies off.

As ive said

Under the 2006 Animal Welfare Act, once an animal is under the responsibility of a human they have a duty not to cause unnecessary harm. ‘Pests’ like the grey squirrel can be killed in a ‘humane way’, such as a blow to the back of the head or shooting, but drowning or beating the animal to death is illegal.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/earthnews/7898494/Hundreds-face-fines-for-killing-squirrels.html
How the fuck is a blow to the back of the head not beating it to death?

Son found a baby squirrel last night and brought it home.
Phoned the Dene warden with no luck.
RSPCA just kill them apparently.
Keeping it warm n that but can't get it to feed from a syringe.

Any suggestions chaps?
Tell son next time he sees a baby squirrel, leave it alone as he's created an almighty headache for dad :)

I'd forgotten about this thread. Brings back bad memories. *shudder*. We've been squirrel-free for a few weeks now. *fingers crossed*

@speedyftm How did the baby squirrel do in the end?
I hope you are proud of murdering that little fellas family and then evicting him. He is probably selling " favours" to sailors in Paddington to get his next hazelnut fix.
I don't know how you sleep at night - well apart from better now that the bushy tailed little immigrant rat bastard has fucked off and stopped eating your house.

You think squirrels are nasty buggers, wait till you see what a crow will do to the young of other birds.

NSFW :-

Rather unsurprisingly Magpies are even worse. The dirty black and white bastards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back