Baby Squirrels

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

speedyftm

Son found a baby squirrel last night and brought it home.
Phoned the Dene warden with no luck.
RSPCA just kill them apparently.
Keeping it warm n that but can't get it to feed from a syringe.

Any suggestions chaps?

The lack of genuine help is extremely disappointing. :-(

I thought we were The Caring Club?

I hope all your horses lose this afternoon!!

You do know that you need a licence to release squirrels back In to the wild, dont you? But you don't need one to shoot them. Unfortunately the RSPCA are right.

We've got squirrels in our attic. Or at least we did. Had to get pest control around to set a trap, as it was basically nesting and eating away our roof insulation and chewing through our rafters.

Heard the trap go off last week and it was awful. It's supposed to be the most humane way to do it, but it wasn't nice. The fella came and took dead mammy squirrel away and left a trap up there just in case.

Then on Thursday Mr Bells said he'd heard the trap go off and squealing while I was out. Thankfully I didn't hear it, otherwise I'd be f***ing traumatised. Fella came round and went up the loft with a bolt gun. Baby squirrel was removed.

Basically, they're pests, just like rats. I'm having to change how I think of squirrels from cute little furry things, to vermin. Because that trap's still up there and if baby number two gets caught in it and I hear it's dying screams I'll not be happy. :(

Sorry that probably doesn't help you. I'm afraid you'll be best to leave it to die.

With a wife and kids fussing over it there's no chance of me letting it die.

We live right next to the dene so we see squirrels all the time. Usually get foxes and badgers rummaging around during the night as well.

I'll try and get it strong enough to give it a fighting chance when I release it, unless the dene warden decides to get back in touch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back