4 kids dead in fire were left alone in the house

It’s got me bad this. That photo of them holding hands so canny will stay with me a long time. They didn’t deserve this poor bairns

Bannon was the siblings name. Eldest was called Sonia. The babysitter was called Sproates iirc. They have a big headstone in Bishopwearmouth cemetery. The house and the adjoining one were knocked down a while later. The site now has a new build house on it. It happened in the early hours of a Monday morning. The clothes they were drying in front of the fire were the kids school clothes. It was a day or two after my 13th birthday, remember it fairly clearly.
Bannon was the siblings name. Eldest was called Sonia. The babysitter was called Sproates iirc. They have a big headstone in Bishopwearmouth cemetery. The house and the adjoining one were knocked down a while later. The site now has a new build house on it. It happened in the early hours of a Monday morning. The clothes they were drying in front of the fire were the kids school clothes. It was a day or two after my 13th birthday, remember it fairly clearly.
Remember that. Wasn’t it Plawsworth Square?

I'm sorry but leaving four children under five, whether you are working or partying is just not on.

Edit: Not judging the story as I have no idea of the facts of the case, just commenting on the idea that leaving the kids alone is better if working than partying. It is just wrong.
It is wrong either way but some empathy for a parent that might have done a couple of extra hours work to buy Christmas presents and none for one out on the piss.

The kids were called Kyson, Bryson, Layton and Logan

The social should have taken the kids long before the fire got them
I thought something similar, but didn't think it was appropriate to put it on here.

Also, why do people feel the need to post on Facebook about people close to them who have just died. It's like they have to let people know how much the person who passed away meant to them. Can't they just grieve in private, just like people have done before social media came along? It's utterly bizarre.

I thought something similar, but didn't think it was appropriate to put it on here.

Also, why do people feel the need to post on Facebook about people close to them who have just died. It's like they have to let people know how much the person who passed away meant to them. Can't they just grieve in private, just like people have done before social media came along? It's utterly bizarre.
Why can’t people travel by horse ? Just like people did before cars came along, bizarre.

This is only a a couple of miles away from me, if that. Some of the local social media sites are rife with speculation and people jumping to conclusions. Dunno what's wrong with people these days. Them poor bairns.
The kids were called Kyson, Bryson, Layton and Logan

The social should have taken the kids long before the fire got them
Why?

I think it will be common to lesser degrees, parents putting kids in bed and popping up the street etc
Also how many parents get proper bladdered in the house and go to bed .
If owt happened theyd be useless
Ex of mine had two young kids, shed put them to bed then go do lines of coke/ket with her mum. Madness

I’d suspect that this happens more than we’d hope (kids left alone ) single mother working as a carer was desperate for extra cash or covering for staff absent due to Covid on run up to Christmas might be tempted to put kids to bed and head out to do a night shift while they’re asleep. If she’s been out partying then that’s a different matter
I really hope not. I’m a single Mam and my youngest is 3 there is no way I would ever leave him in the house alone. It breaks my heart to think of how scared they must have been.

Last edited:
I remember when my oldest daughter was a baby and she was poorly, my husband (at the time) was at work and I had ran out of medicine for her. I waited until she had fell asleep in her cot and dashed to the chemist which was just round the corner from my house. I was there and back in 5 minutes but I was in a right panic the whole time I was out imagining things like the house burning down, someone breaking in and abducting her, all sorts of things. She was still fast asleep. I have no idea how anyone can go out and leave their small kids for any reason.

Last edited:

Back