2nd Test-Bangladesh v England

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thing with Rashid is 16/19 of the players in India's squad during the New Zealand test series were RHB.

If he gets it right he could do something. Will Ball/Finn provide something different to the other 3 seamers.

Use Rashid more sparingly rather than expecting him to hold up an end and that's the way he progresses in test cricket.

He's still finding his feet at this level tbf. Leg spin is harder than anything else in cricket.

I love leg spin and just want him to do well. So maybe I'll give him more chance than others.

It's a fair point. I get leg spin is a fine art and will attract just as many as bad but I just don't see him troubling their lads

I really think Seam is our best option. We won't spin them out

Maybe if we win the toss and bat big. But no chance that will happen

I'm really really annoyed we didn't play Buttler and hameed this test

Give them both a game then decide on XI for India

We have to change side now and they've had no cricket

It's really really poor England managers, amateurish, and I don't like criticizing them

It's a fair point. I get leg spin is a fine art and will attract just as many as bad but I just don't see him troubling their lads

I really think Seam is our best option. We won't spin them out

Maybe if we win the toss and bat big. But no chance that will happen

I'm really really annoyed we didn't play Buttler and hameed this test

Give them both a game then decide on XI for India

We have to change side now and they've had no cricket

It's really really poor England managers, amateurish, and I don't like criticizing them
Hameed should have played the first test.

I wouldn't have played Buttler tho. I get that he is a talent, but when was his last first class game?

I also don't agree with changing for changes sake. We are still there to win a test match

Cook
Hameed
Root (as no one else at 3)
Bairstow
Stokes
Duckett
Ali
Woakes
Rashid (just)
Broad
Ball

Duckett goes 6 for me. And I also reserve the right to change the order from 4-7 as the situation demands. Bairstow is too good for 7

Mind on the converse to Rashid bowling at left handers. Ashwin bowling at all our lefties will be fun for him.

Getting in another RHB in Hameed is a good idea for that, not opening up with 2 lefties.

Thing with Rashid is 16/19 of the players in India's squad during the New Zealand test series were RHB.

If he gets it right he could do something. Will Ball/Finn provide something different to the other 3 seamers.

Use Rashid more sparingly rather than expecting him to hold up an end and that's the way he progresses in test cricket.

He's still finding his feet at this level tbf. Leg spin is harder than anything else in cricket.

I love leg spin and just want him to do well. So maybe I'll give him more chance than others.

This this this.

Give the lad a proper test run out like 10-15 tests in a row. You never know.

Hameed should have played the first test.

I wouldn't have played Buttler tho. I get that he is a talent, but when was his last first class game?

I also don't agree with changing for changes sake. We are still there to win a test match

Cook
Hameed
Root (as no one else at 3)
Bairstow
Stokes
Duckett
Ali
Woakes
Rashid (just)
Broad
Ball

Duckett goes 6 for me. And I also reserve the right to change the order from 4-7 as the situation demands. Bairstow is too good for 7

I agree normally but if you are giving
This this this.

Give the lad a proper test run out like 10-15 tests in a row. You never know.

15 tests????

Haway man

That's like 2 years cricket

International sport you need to take your chance, don't just give caps away

Cook
Hameed
Root
Ali
Bairstow
Duckett
Stokes
Woakes
Rashid
Batty
Broad
Stokes at 7 GTFO

I do realise you've put him there cos he's gonna be crucial with the ball. But if were gonna play duckett as low as 6 may as well bring Buttler back in.

15 tests????

Haway man

We're playing 17 tests this year like ;)

Last edited:
Stokes at 7 GTFO

We're playing 17 tests this year like ;)

You know what I mean though, it annoys me people feel players deserve so many chances

Lot of good cricketers out there, others deserve a chance

Why does Rashid deserve 17 chances but Leach deserves none for example?

Vince played the whole summer, complete waste

No big deal in dropping people

15 tests????

Haway man

I know what you're saying mate. But leg spin is one of the toughest arts. He has shown glimpses of class. Let him find his feet to cut them bad balls down. At the end of the day leggies always gonna bowl log hops now and again. I like the lad, he got summat about him.

I know what you're saying mate. But leg spin is one of the toughest arts. He has shown glimpses of class. Let him find his feet to cut them bad balls down. At the end of the day leggies always gonna bowl log hops now and again. I like the lad, he got summat about him.

All leggies have something about them, Borthwick even does as a bowler, but doesn't make them international standard

I think he is getting more than enough chances personally

You know what I mean though, it annoys me people feel players deserve so many chances

Lot of good cricketers out there, others deserve a chance

Why does Rashid deserve 17 chances but Leach deserves none for example?

Vince played the whole summer, complete waste

No big deal in dropping people

Leach doesnt deserve no chances, thats not what im saying. Im just saying to have a proper look at someone once you have given them a chance. Its like wanting moyes sacked. I want him to stay as its stability I crave not a ADHD fix of a new manager.

All leggies have something about them, Borthwick even does as a bowler, but doesn't make them international standard

I think he is getting more than enough chances personally

Which is fair comment. He will probably turn into a really good limited overs player for us. I just like what a leggie brings to the balance of the team and want to see him in the test team for a few more tests yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back