2nd Test-Bangladesh v England

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's not the worst approach but with Duckett, Root, Ali, Stokes and Bairstow in the side, I don't think we are really in dire need of another dasher. We need someone who can actually play spin, has good concentration and durability and will allow the others to bat around him. We have Cook but if he falls then the middle order looks very susceptible to collapse, no one has the mindset to dig in, it's not their natural game.

The options are bare though, Bell is probably the best option but I'd still be reluctant to go back to him, Hameed might make a difference but he's an opener and it wouldn't solve any problems in the middle order. What I'd give for Jonathan Trott right now..
The Bell off a few years ago, yes, the Bell off the last couple of seasons, not for me.

Aye for sure, our options aren't great at the moment that's why I would go for Buttler, he's talented and has to play to his strengths if he's selected and not go into his shell and play defensively.

If only Borthwick had been giving ago over the past couple of year, he may of been exactly what we need at the moment with the added bonus of and extra spinner as well. Although that's obviously been done to death on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back