2nd Test-Bangladesh v England

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leach doesnt deserve no chances, thats not what im saying. Im just saying to have a proper look at someone once you have given them a chance. Its like wanting moyes sacked. I want him to stay as its stability I crave not a ADHD fix of a new manager.

I'd say 15 or 16 tests isn't just a chance, that is a whole career for some.

Cricket isn't like football, can't compare, a bowler bowls plenty of overs in a match, if he isnt taking wickets or at least drying up an end, you drop them.

No big deal in my opinion

But by giving Rashid 15 tests you are stopping Leach getting a game, he is just an example by the way, he might not be good enough too

Leach doesnt deserve no chances, thats not what im saying. Im just saying to have a proper look at someone once you have given them a chance. Its like wanting moyes sacked. I want him to stay as its stability I crave not a ADHD fix of a new manager.

Which is fair comment. He will probably turn into a really good limited overs player for us. I just like what a leggie brings to the balance of the team and want to see him in the test team for a few more tests yet.

Yeah I do agree in principle, he is an excellent ODI bowler too, not anti-Rashid by any means, just not sure he is what we need in India personally.

Basically pick a team to win the test, don't just give players a free run.

All leggies have something about them, Borthwick even does as a bowler, but doesn't make them international standard

I think he is getting more than enough chances personally
It's his 5th test match tbf. Warne didn't take his first fifer til his 5th test.

In his first 7 innings he averaged 112 and Adil averaged 60 odd with a fifer.

Unless we call up Leach for India I can see Adil playing the whole series so we've got to get behind him.

Last edited:
Ballance out cheaply? Well I never :lol: Was stunned to see their total after leaving for work at 118/1. England need a good start in the morning

Isn't Leach a recipient of incredibly dusty pitches at Taunton?

Granted he got wickets, but not that well if the pitches were that helpful
He got 65 wickets ... helped no doubt by the better pitches for spinners and a fixed pitch at Taunton

65 wickets is more than half his career 1st class wickets - I think this is why he didn't travel with the squad, if he'd had 1 more year taking a hatfull then I reckon he'd have gone.

On the minus side - he took wickets against English batsmen who were in the main useless at playing big spin.
On the plus side he took wickets on pitches with big spin, kind of like we saw in Bangla

I suspect Indian pitches won't spin as much and maybe we won't be picking 3 spinners.

He got 65 wickets ... helped no doubt by the better pitches for spinners and a fixed pitch at Taunton

65 wickets is more than half his career 1st class wickets - I think this is why he didn't travel with the squad, if he'd had 1 more year taking a hatfull then I reckon he'd have gone.

On the minus side - he took wickets against English batsmen who were in the main useless at playing big spin.
On the plus side he took wickets on pitches with big spin, kind of like we saw in Bangla

I suspect Indian pitches won't spin as much and maybe we won't be picking 3 spinners.
Good post

Isn't Leach a recipient of incredibly dusty pitches at Taunton?

Granted he got wickets, but not that well if the pitches were that helpful
India have been playing on rank turners for the past 3 years and these pitches in Bangladesh have turned on day 1.

Had we been going to Australia that might have been a legitimate argument.

Nobody has seen much of Hameed either have they? Hasn't stopped the clamour to see him picked.
That's also true.

I think our lack of any openers is the reason

Although you could argue the same about the spin department ;)

My argument about Leach is that he has played on turners all year. Clearly that will significantly help his stats. We don't know just how much

That's also true.

I think our lack of any openers is the reason

Although you could argue the same about the spin department ;)

My argument about Leach is that he has played on turners all year. Clearly that will significantly help his stats. We don't know just how much

I would say that about Hammed though. He's played on some of the deadest pitches I've ever seen at OT and I've seen him go a hour without picking the bat above his ankles. Not ready IMO.

Jennings should be opening over these, no question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back