2016 signings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Good Signing. NEPL1 may end up stronger and more competitive than the top league
Might be more competitive as South North effectively have 4 minor county bowlers and sign test players ect. But stronger? Don't be silly.

Littletown will be in Div 1 next season with the signings they have made. Plenty of experience now

Something gone wrong at Willington???

Littletown will be in Div 1 next season with the signings they have made. Plenty of experience now

Something gone wrong at Willington???

Calvin and his son have been at each others throats every time I seen them over the past couple of seasons. Maybe just the way they are but never seemed particularly rosy for them at Willington. Be a big hole in their team mind.

Calvin and his son have been at each others throats every time I seen them over the past couple of seasons. Maybe just the way they are but never seemed particularly rosy for them at Willington. Be a big hole in their team mind.

Could be an interesting game when they face each other then this season!

Could be an interesting game when they face each other then this season!

Not sure why Calvin has ended up away from Willington but it has nothing to do with his son playing there as his son left the season before last.

Patrick played for Tudhoe last season so I think they would have played against each other then.

Patrick was at Tudhoe last season so didn't play together anyway and actually came up against each other. I know them both personally and can assure you there is no issue with them whatsoever.

Both very competitive maybe? I don't know his son but Calvin certainly is

Patrick was at Tudhoe last season so didn't play together anyway and actually came up against each other. I know them both personally and can assure you there is no issue with them whatsoever.

Yeah to be honest it was more just the young un twisting on about his fatha's field placings, and being taken out of the attack. Nothing sinister just seemed to happen every time I saw them.

Yeah to be honest it was more just the young un twisting on about his fatha's field placings, and being taken out of the attack. Nothing sinister just seemed to happen every time I saw them.
My dad has never played cricket but has fielded a couple of times and I've been fortunate enough to bat with him once when we were short. We argued constantly! I think it's just that competitive nature. It's something I'd never change!

Had a feeling joe Dodd would have signed. Sorry mr jardine.
Where's Luke Evans being for the last few years.
Must be up there next season.

Luke Evans lives in leicester

I think clubs are starting to realize relegation is a real threat if they don't improve and keep up with other clubs, which then produces more and more money being offered to players.

Once you get relegated the likely hood is players will move on to pastures new, meaning the team suffers and its harder to get back.

Again, if clubs can afford it then great, i can see a lot of clubs being in trouble in 2 / 3 years from over spending.

I said last year the pyramid system will result in the demise of local cricket.

Luke Evans lives in leicester

I said last year the pyramid system will result in the demise of local cricket.

Luke lives in Northampton, plays for Kibworth in Leicestershire Prem and minor counties for Bedforshire. Him signing for us was a drunken wind up as he's one of my closest mates.

I think it will help clubs find there level personally which makes for more competitive cricket all round.

Hylton have signed esh winnings pro from last season to captain side. Great signing I've heard. Suhrawadi Shuvo

Luke lives in Northampton, plays for Kibworth in Leicestershire Prem and minor counties for Bedforshire. Him signing for us was a drunken wind up as he's one of my closest mates.

I think it will help clubs find there level personally which makes for more competitive cricket all round.

Could very easily see clubs temporarily achieve as a result of spending cash on players only to fall on hard times down the line when the funds dry up; particularly in DCL2 as there will be a real fear of dropping into NEDCL (which rightly or wrongly has an iffy reputation amongst DCL clubs and players).

There are a lot of pluses about the pyramid as well of course but I think a lot needs to be done to safeguard clubs futures and clamp down on the amount of players being paid; what that is, I have no idea.

The old system provided a lot more security and stability for clubs (though this could easily be turned on its head to say that clubs were allowed to be stagnant) and the application process allowed for clubs to apply for a higher level when they felt ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back