2016 signings

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll not be seeing much of Marty this year as his lad and my lad have both parted with APCC (see this page for reasons why). However I spoke to him last sunday and as I'm now self employed and dont work 5 days per week I'll pop up to Burnopfield when I can if say Durham 2nds are playing there. As I say Burnopfield are building something up there that will ultimately, IMHO, result in NEPL cricket at some stage.

Thorp, Breese and Killeen there this year, which amounts to a lot of runs and a lot of wickets.

Agree they are very much on the up

Am also now part time so am now a member at Durham you ever get down ?

Very difficuilt to replace birty and turner. Simpson and Waite coming back is good and Joe Thompson who's been on lords ground staff should do ok too but still think they look short on last season and they didn't get close to title then really. Birty will just make South North even stronger so can't see past them for league again. Just remembered Chester signed a seam bowler called Cantwell also. Don't know much about him mind.
How olds the bairn now mate? Will he be looking at getting some experience in twos this season or still a bit young?
Sure Cantwell came through the juniors at CLS

Agree they are very much on the up

Am also now part time so am now a member at Durham you ever get down ?
Yes. I try to fit work around the matches. In Carlisle next Monday but may be down Tuesday or Wednesday if you fancied meeting up. Work anywhere from zero to 4 days per week depending on contracts.

Sure Cantwell came through the juniors at CLS
He did.

Very difficuilt to replace birty and turner. Simpson and Waite coming back is good and Joe Thompson who's been on lords ground staff should do ok too but still think they look short on last season and they didn't get close to title then really. Birty will just make South North even stronger so can't see past them for league again. Just remembered Chester signed a seam bowler called Cantwell also. Don't know much about him mind.
How olds the bairn now mate? Will he be looking at getting some experience in twos this season or still a bit young?

Has been playing in their seconds for a couple of years now and has played the odd game in ones league and national KO last year so isnt a new signing. Young lad with a lot of potential, gets quite bad knee splints iirc mind. Big boots to fill, but a big opportunity for him. Birty a great coup for SN.

Has been playing in their seconds for a couple of years now and has played the odd game in ones league and national KO last year so isnt a new signing. Young lad with a lot of potential, gets quite bad knee splints iirc mind. Big boots to fill, but a big opportunity for him. Birty a great coup for SN.
Was he at Burnmoor as an under 15?

A young lad called Adam Khan has been signed by Washington. He is 15 and has been at the North of England Trials. The bairn played with him at APCC and he is a cracking player. I'm sure he is going to feature in their first team.

A lad to watch out for.

I remember him as a lad when the bairn was there. Remind me - does he have a brother who plays/played?

CLS CC have got some canny up and coming players. Their U18 side should be an interesting one to watch out for in particular as well as Sacriston U15's who have acquired two really good players for that side, one of whom was at the North of England Trials.

Last edited:
A young lad called Adam Khan has been signed by Washington. He is 15 and has been at the North of England Trials. The bairn played with him at APCC and he is a cracking player. I'm sure he is going to feature in their first team.

A lad to watch out for.

I remember him as a lad when the bairn was there. Remind me - does he have a brother who plays/played?

CLS CC have got some canny up and coming players. Their U18 side should be an interesting one to watch out for in particular as well as Sacriston U15's who have acquired two really good players for that side, one of whom was at the North of England Trials.

Richard........

Chris Rushworth signed for sacriston according to Twitter
I doubt he will play for them but it shows their intentions. Mel betts there, graham bridge signed and a couple of really good under 15s, one of who scored 124 not out for their academy side last Sunday. They've just signed as well.

It means that at all levels the club is getting stronger.

Will play 2 games but could be the difference come the end of the season.

What has happened to Washington? Money ran out?

Botton of the league will be interesting as no easy teams on paper

Will play 2 games but could be the difference come the end of the season.

What has happened to Washington? Money ran out?

Botton of the league will be interesting as no easy teams on paper
One by one players have left Washington and although it looks as though they have a more youthful first team this year there is still bags of talent. At least mid table would be my reckoning. Keep an eye on the young lad Adam khan at Washington. Bags of ability and real potential. It'll be interesting to see how he gets on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back