2016 signings

Status
Not open for further replies.

callum

Midfield
just read this:

MURTON have signed 25 year old South African pace bowling all-rounder Phumzile Yiba.

Yiba is a right-arm speedster who hit the headlines last season by taking figures of 6-21 from 21.3 overs for Eastern Province against rivals Easterns.

In only his second first-class outing for EP, Yiba was a revelation on a placid St George’s Park pitch, as Easterns struck 304 in their first innings. Somewhat surprisingly, Yiba only played one further first-class match last season - against Boland where he picked up the wicket of run-machine Keegan Petersen en-route to figures of 1-41 (11) and 0-17 (6) .

He played for EP in a Twenty20 match in February 2015 and remains in the mix for first-class honours in future.

The quick, who has represented EP through the age-groups and is a stand-out performer in Premier League cricket for United Brothers Cricket Club. In his final outing last summer against NMMU, Yiba belted a 70-ball 144, then backed up with figures of 4-22 (10) to highlight his all-round skills.

The EP seam bowling all-rounder has recently signed for Murton and will be hoping to make a major impact in the Readers Durham Cricket League next summer.
To view Phumzile Yiba's full profile click here

just read this:

MURTON have signed 25 year old South African pace bowling all-rounder Phumzile Yiba.

Yiba is a right-arm speedster who hit the headlines last season by taking figures of 6-21 from 21.3 overs for Eastern Province against rivals Easterns.

In only his second first-class outing for EP, Yiba was a revelation on a placid St George’s Park pitch, as Easterns struck 304 in their first innings. Somewhat surprisingly, Yiba only played one further first-class match last season - against Boland where he picked up the wicket of run-machine Keegan Petersen en-route to figures of 1-41 (11) and 0-17 (6) .

He played for EP in a Twenty20 match in February 2015 and remains in the mix for first-class honours in future.

The quick, who has represented EP through the age-groups and is a stand-out performer in Premier League cricket for United Brothers Cricket Club. In his final outing last summer against NMMU, Yiba belted a 70-ball 144, then backed up with figures of 4-22 (10) to highlight his all-round skills.

The EP seam bowling all-rounder has recently signed for Murton and will be hoping to make a major impact in the Readers Durham Cricket League next summer.
To view Phumzile Yiba's full profile click here

Supposed to be a tidy turn according to Steven Hirst. We were offered him last year when our first option from Pakistan fell through.

Considered our options; wickets we play on etc and decided against this guy, plumped for an Indian spinning all rounder instead and couldn't have made a better decision.

Turned out to be an absolute gentleman and he had a lot of friends over in the North East, who all play same standard back home so was easy for him to settle and can definitely say we wouldn't change it at all. He ended up with 1000+ runs and 69 wickets, so thankfully he's coming back next year. Would recommend any of the Indian lads to anyone.

On that front if anyone is looking at any of the first class Indian lads I can ask our lad to see what they're like etc. he also has some mates that are desperate to come over and don't want the world at all. They're all class acts, you can also ask the lads at Seaham Park, Easington, Willington, Sunderland, Horden, Tudhoe, Evenwood, Seaham Harbour etc

Get value for money with Aisians. Only issue is the work permits and clubs getting investigated for paying cash in hand. Heard big crack down being made with the tax man

Along with the changes to CASC allowances, sports clubs are being targetted massively in 2016

Just seen on twitter Martin Hubber's left Washington. Not sure if he's going back to Sacriston?

Yeah back to Sacriston i've heard. A few will be on the move in the weeks to come.

Not much movement so far

Him leaving yeah after all the hassle he's put up with week after week. Bill quay no. Quite a surprise.
No idea where the club go from here. Will be a struggle now I think. That's just my opinion like. Doesn't seem to be any interest anymore.

Alan mustard has left hylton. Hearing he's signed for bill quay? Can sweeper confirm?

Yes mate Alan has signed for us - it was a no brainer from our point of view, not least because he has always scored runs at our place. He got 100 out of 115 last year in a 15over game, smashed it all over the place.

A few starting to jump ship

Chester losing a few key players already. Kyle Cotzer joining Benwell Hill and Paul Leonard to Burnmoor

Him leaving yeah after all the hassle he's put up with week after week. Bill quay no. Quite a surprise.
No idea where the club go from here. Will be a struggle now I think. That's just my opinion like. Doesn't seem to be any interest anymore.

Not sure with what went on there last year but losing breeds disinterest. You getting pro back??

Junior section has been set up I understand, although 5+ years from bearing fruit, decent facilities and a great pitch.....few years of rebuilding needed???

Have Northants released him? Surprised he can't get a county like.
Yea, I think he just hasn't been getting the scores.

On a different note Poynter got his maiden first class century for Ireland against Zim A's. I couldn't say what standard that is but well done to him anyway.

Wees this clownshoe??

You could narrow it down to a few I would think. Someone who is resentful of the fact that we probably beat them last year and finished above them and someone looking for bites regarding facilities. I would guess someone from a club that doesn't have an overseas hence why there's been a dig on that front on another thread.

I wouldn't worry we know where we need to improve and where we are going as a club. The only thing we don't have is showers (electricity, new toilets etc all now in) and the shower issue will be rectified as soon as new pavilion is built - just to be clear it's not a league requirement.

People forget that we've been around for 3 years and we already have facilities and a club that plenty of others don't. We'll also continue to develop our juniors with our new structure, have won local/nominated for national awards etc. let's not let small minded individuals who are very much in the minority affect what we are doing. People see right through them but they'll still be on wind up, same old story, won't name the club they're from etc etc

Ps. Some quality sheep present in our new signings believe me

You could narrow it down to a few I would think. Someone who is resentful of the fact that we probably beat them last year and finished above them and someone looking for bites regarding facilities. I would guess someone from a club that doesn't have an overseas hence why there's been a dig on that front on another thread.

I wouldn't worry we know where we need to improve and where we are going as a club. The only thing we don't have is showers (electricity, new toilets etc all now in) and the shower issue will be rectified as soon as new pavilion is built - just to be clear it's not a league requirement.

People forget that we've been around for 3 years and we already have facilities and a club that plenty of others don't. We'll also continue to develop our juniors with our new structure, have won local/nominated for national awards etc. let's not let small minded individuals who are very much in the minority affect what we are doing. People see right through them but they'll still be on wind up, same old story, won't name the club they're from etc etc

Ps. Some quality sheep present in our new signings believe me

Does one of those sheep like to wear indoor scarves and wind people up on Pure Football?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back