Zarah Aleena killer gets 38 years

I think the question is, out of the list of his previous crimes why have you taken issue with this one being mentioned?
Because he was convicted of a racially aggravated crime. That’s why. I also called him a burglar because he was convicted of burglary, a woman beater because he was convicted of assaulting a woman.

Why did you query that?
He's clearly an ethnic minority himself and I'm in no way defending him. I read the article and there were no details of any serious racially motivated crime.

Nine days after being released from prison, Jordan McSweeney went out for drinks. He was thrown out of pub for bothering barmaids.

After being thrown out of the pub, he tried and failed to attack two other women, before spotting and chasing Zarah Aleena, then beating her to death in the street.

Another case where I find myself torn between opposing the death penalty, but seeing absolutely no reason why this worthless scumbag should be allowed to live.

28 prior convictions - burglary, racially motived violence, previous violent assaults on women.

He should never have been released from prison in the first place, but let’s be honest, the world would be a better place if he was just taken straight from the courtroom and hanged in the street.

How on earth was a racist, woman beating burglar, with nearly 30 prior convictions allowed to walk the streets?

Of course nobody will ever be held accountable for this monster being allowed to walk the streets.

I watched the sentencing live on sky earlier and it was tough to listen too, the judge goes into a great deal of detail but the transmission was cut for 30 seconds or so, can only presume what she was saying may have been too graphic. My daughters a P/O and we both sat and agreed the best thing for this fella is execution. Who can make the call that in 38 years time he would be safe to release, it would be a total flip of the coin gamble. The amount of money its going to cost the public purse to look after him is obscene when it's highly likely he will die in jail.

That’s some gymnastics you’re doing there mind.

Absolutely delightful to see you making a clip of yourself again

Jesus. What a piece of shit
So they've detailed his committed race crimes but omitted that he's a racial minority himself? Surely either both or neither
A bloke with nearly 30 past convictions, almost all involving violence, multiple racially aggravated convictions…and you query it.

The bloke’s a racist. I stand by it.
He may well be a racist but also should be pointed out he's a racial minority himself

So they've detailed his committed race crimes but omitted that he's a racial minority himself? Surely either both or neither

He may well be a racist but also should be pointed out he's a racial minority himself

What racial minority does he belong to?

You appear to be under the impression that people of minority ethnic backgrounds can’t commit racially aggravated crimes.

Because he’d been convicted of racially motivated crimes.

It would be weird not to mention it when listing reasons why he shouldn’t be on the streets

It’s f***ing mental that that was your first thought on this thread - to distance racists from murder

He's an odd bloke. Attention-seeking on loads of threads.

What racial minority does he belong to?

You appear to be under the impression that people of minority ethnic backgrounds can’t commit racially aggravated crimes.

I think, but not sure, that he may be an Irish Traveller (McSweeney). That's based on some googling and finding that he was working on a fair ground at the time he viciously and sadistically murdered Zara Aleena. I'm not really sure why the race of the murderer should be an issue here given the nature of the killing.

Well it's states 38 years but they never end up serving the full amount.

Ta mate..i haven't read the full article..didn't want to see any of the details.

38 is the minimum tariff so he will have to serve that (less the remand time) before he can apply for parole.
Plus there’s no chance he’d be freed on first parole hearing

Last edited:

Back