Zak Crawley

One of the better batsmen in this series.

Hrs got himself out poorly on repeat occasions but so have most of them. Seems to lose interest after getting to 30 odd but he's rock solid up to that point

I get your point, but personally in general for any batsman I think current form and confidence more important than career averages.

Probably not a good comparison but in other sports for example football a centre forward scoring goals would be judged of the here and now and picked accordingly not judged how many goals he scored 5 seasons ago

Yeah fair enough not saying somebody out there definitely better or worse but there is certainly nobody really knocking the door down in that position which imo is a reason why he has been given more time

I was talking about current form ;)

Incredible innings by a quality batsman. Well done to the selectors for persevering. Most of the SMB would have had you in Kent 2s this week

To put this innings into context, Joe Root has 3 more test 100s against Australia but has been playing against them for 10 years. Joe does not get to face the new ball either so makes getting runs a little easier for him

Take a bow, the most consistent English batsman this series

His career average against Australia is 44 to put that into context see below, A potential English great we are watching in the infancy of his career

Root - 40
KP - 44
Stokes - 36
Gooch - 33
Cook - 40
Vaughan - 48

Would it be a stretch to say Crawley is man of the series if he were to get another 100 today
No it wouldn’t. Especially if we win the test.
His career average against Australia is 44 to put that into context see below, A potential English great we are watching in the infancy of his career

Root - 40
KP - 44
Stokes - 36
Gooch - 33
Cook - 40
Vaughan - 48
Cooks is 26 in England which puts his efforts even more into perspective

Last edited:

Back