Zak Crawley

essex boy

Striker
Credit where credit is due, he has taken a lot of flack over the last few years. By no means the finished article but I would argue in the current series he has looked the most assured of all England's batters even more than Root (who looks like he has one shot too many in his locker atm). Whilst Crawley has not got big runs, he has provided authority and assertiveness at the top of the order. There is something there and hopefully he turns 50s into 100s before long

Averaging 46 in his last three test matches, 2 against Australia.

Credit where credit is due, he has taken a lot of flack over the last few years. By no means the finished article but I would argue in the current series he has looked the most assured of all England's batters even more than Root (who looks like he has one shot too many in his locker atm). Whilst Crawley has not got big runs, he has provided authority and assertiveness at the top of the order. There is something there and hopefully he turns 50s into 100s before long

That average had just come down.

Didn’t take very long for this to age terribly :eek:

I can’t stand him. He’s absolutely shite. I feel guilty for saying I don’t like him as it’s not his fault they keep picking him but I can’t help it. He’s had chance after chance after chance.

Seeing him walk off today shaking his head after another shocking dismissal I almost threw my shoe at the tele.

Back