YouTube gaming channel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Cat

Winger
Let the abuse commence, but I've started my own YouTube gaming channel, started with a couple of videos playing Ark: Survival Evolved. I sound boring as fuck (in my mind anyway, probably the case to those watching it too) and its so bloody awkward talking to yourself BUT I did it and put myself out there which takes some balls....
Any criticism positive or negative will be taken on board but if you lot could take a look it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEfmXTwHEnekUPM51WPWslQ/featured

How did you do your intro thing mate, looks class.
From a website called flixpress.com. I just googled it and that was the first one, I paid $9.99 and for a year I can create and download 10mins/month of intro vids and more.
What did you think overall?

From a website called flixpress.com. I just googled it and that was the first one, I paid $9.99 and for a year I can create and download 10mins/month of intro vids and more.
What did you think overall?

Aye looks good mate.

I'm nee expert like, I only set mine up about 3 weeks ago or summit but if I can help I will.

Aye looks good mate.

I'm nee expert like, I only set mine up about 3 weeks ago or summit but if I can help I will.
Thanks mate, very very green and very new to the whole youtube game (dunno if you could tell because I was so boring).

Send me the link and I'll subscribe.

I don't get this like. Why do people do it and why do people watch? Baffles me
It's all about site traffic and earning money for something that is very fun and potentially easy. The sense of community spirit is good aswell!

People watch other people play?
Huge money in it mate, daft shites actually donate money for them to continue. I saw a guy the other day who had someone donate $580 dollars.....
Who wouldn't want to try to be a part of that? I for one know I do.

So, reading the T&Cs at the minute and seems as though its all based on traffic to the channel (is that right?)(I figured that thats the case).

Sort of, its not just how many views you get.

Its about how many views, how many minutes they watched, did they click an advert etc.

Loads of factors but you get a proper breakdown of everything which is good cos you can see whats working and what is making money etc.

Sort of, its not just how many views you get.

Its about how many views, how many minutes they watched, did they click an advert etc.

Loads of factors but you get a proper breakdown of everything which is good cos you can see whats working and what is making money etc.
Just been reading the Guideline and information section and it says that if you use videogame footage and dont have permission to use that footage you cant make money off it? So basically thats me fucked i'd imagine?

Just been reading the Guideline and information section and it says that if you use videogame footage and dont have permission to use that footage you cant make money off it? So basically thats me fucked i'd imagine?

How do the other million people do it though?

Very true like. It's all so complicated. I never really thought about things like that, just the stress and nervousness of making my first couple of vids....

Just ask someone who you subcribed to what the crack is.

I've found some people are very helpful.

A while back Dark Souls 2 was driving me mad so I found this lad on Google. I thought he was class, note how he sounds excited all the time and drops the odd sweary in, the kids love it. I suspect he may have had a pint or two of double maxim to oil the wheels.

You're not doing too bad, a lot of people doing this sound like they're waiting for a prostate exam and they're doing you a favour by putting it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back