YouTube ads

That's what do as I said above. Around £1.20 a month with India. My point was that if UK rates were more reasonable (maybe a fiver a month) I wouldn't object to paying them. I probably watch more Youtube than live TV. The high prices encourage people to find a way around them.
Missed your original post, sorry. I agree with what you say, I would much rather not have to use a workaround too.

I wonder if YouTube/Google just treat it a bit like insurance companies or Sky with people just letting it renew, getting enough from the people either watching the ads or paying the full UK price that they don't bother with people who work the system.

Google will give up with this in a few weeks imo.

There's no point chasing people trying to block ads, they're usually the most technically advanced and there's no benefits to advertisers showing ads to people who are trying to say they don't want them either. It's why most people sites don't care about them.

Last edited:
Common the EU 😂

Hanff, who helped to draft the forthcoming update to the EU’s ePrivacy regulations, says he believes YouTube’s JavaScript violates EU citizens' privacy.

“The script that [YouTube] deploys is detecting what software people are running on their machines or what behaviour their browser is exhibiting in relation to their private activities. It's not okay. It's illegal,”

I watch quite a bit of youtube and find the ad free and YouTube Music to be worth it. I watch it on my tv so adblockers wouldnt work on that

Just got the notification that I'm using an ad blocker on Edge and that I need to buy premium or enable ads. I was using the extension YouTube Enhancer which has been class. Anyway managed to find a Chrome extension called Autoskip for YouTube and so far so good. This is all on a windows pc. SmartTube is still working on android

If you use a vpn to sign up to premium you can get it cheap. Ive been paying 92p a month for the last couple of years.

It’s going up soon but it’s still only £1.95 a month.

It’s not worth messing about with extensions for me at that price, especially when it covers your account for all devices

Just got the notification that I'm using an ad blocker on Edge and that I need to buy premium or enable ads. I was using the extension YouTube Enhancer which has been class. Anyway managed to find a Chrome extension called Autoskip for YouTube and so far so good. This is all on a windows pc. SmartTube is still working on android

not sure how long the adblockers will work on chrome think google shutting them down or something, and on firefox they putting a 5 second delay on youtube vids as they can't shutdown there adblockers

grrrrrrrrr gitttttttttts

Last edited:
I just watch the ads and silently fume while making a mental note to NEVER buy anything related to any adverts. I always complete the surveys too telling youtube how much I hate the adverts.

I just watch the ads and silently fume while making a mental note to NEVER buy anything related to any adverts. I always complete the surveys too telling youtube how much I hate the adverts.

The ads are absolutely pissing me off the smug fella who goes swimming whilst his housing portfolio matures or the tennis playing bell doing the same.
Ruins it.

On the ipad , I installed orion browser , allows you to install firefox/chrome extensions , so you can install ublock origin and watch youtube with nee ads

hmmmm, my premium expired yesterday, had done the vpn thing with Turkey last year, worked out at about 15euro for the year. Turkey isnt working this year but Ukraine is although its a little more expensive. Only thing is its only offering me a monthly subscription, anyone seen this before?

Great, don't let YouTube win. :cool: They can stick their ever increasing invasive ads, right up their jacksey.

delayed video and poor quality and targeting browsers you use (except chrome), youtube stating to P people off

I backed up my youtube favorites to spreadsheet

incase you loose them when you get ad thing, christ have i got some sh*te in there 😂

I just switch off mentally when the ads come on complete waste of money where I am concerned.

If there is a survey pop up I always say I hate the ads though.

I got an ad a few nights ago for an "extendable defence stick" basically similar to a police baton but made of metal and they showed it was hard enough to smash bricks with. Obviously illegal in this country so I don't know why I got the ad ?

Back