YouTube ads

I was getting sick of the ads on YouTube on the TV interrupting stuff I was watching, I found a 3 month trial and when it ran out I ended up buying it.

A canny Brucie Bonus was getting YouTube music streaming service included as well

If you have a VPN set it to Argentina and sign up for You Tube premium on the website with a made up Argentinian address and comes out at less than £1 a month rather than paying £15.
Just gone up to £2 but their inflation is high so that will fall back.

You might want to look at SmartTube depending how you use YT.

On a smart TV or streaming device that is android based it should work fine. I've been using it a while on a FireCube and it works as advertised. User interface is a bit clunky, but I don't get adverts, paid sponsors segments or video intros.

I pay about £1.20 a month with my fake Indian address.
I'm with NordVPN and they stopped supporting India for some reason. If I lost the Argie route then I'd load a free VPN and see what was going cheap. The credit card you use is also a factor apparently, to anyone thinking of doing this

I'm with NordVPN and they stopped supporting India for some reason. If I lost the Argie route then I'd load a free VPN and see what was going cheap. The credit card you use is also a factor apparently, to anyone thinking of doing this

Interesting... I used Nord to set it up but that was a couple of years ago so I wouldn't know if it stopped working for new signups. I can understand the card being a factor too, some banks might reject a payment in Indian Rupees as being suspicious looking.

The best I've found on android is Smart tube. Blocks ads and you can still sign in with your yt account. For the laptop I just use an Edge YouTube ad blocker add on

The best I've found on android is Smart tube. Blocks ads and you can still sign in with your yt account. For the laptop I just use an Edge YouTube ad blocker add on

ublock origin is the best i found on pc (firefox / edge), but i also use it with the free footy streaming sites to get rid all the ads , got safc game on but being free not the best stream but pl/cl games are normally ok to watch for free

I'm with Hotspot Shield and didn't have the option of Argentina or India so set it up in Turkey. Costs about £1.60 a month.

Worth every penny, even if it was a bit of a pain losing my watch history and having to re-add all my subscriptions.

I'm sure Google will close the loophole at some point, but it's good while it lasts.

google cosponsored it :eek:

In early October, the people who make ad blocking tools convened in Amsterdam for their industry’s annual conference. One session was a welcome pitch from Google product leaders about tweaks made to address fears that a security update to the company’s Chrome browser could hamper ad zapping. Google, which draws nearly 80 percent of its revenue from ads, even cosponsored the event, at an airy venue along the water.

Last edited:
All my telly watching is via YouTube. Upgraded so I don’t get any adverts, worth every penny as it totally spoils it
How much a month ?
I'm with Hotspot Shield and didn't have the option of Argentina or India so set it up in Turkey. Costs about £1.60 a month.

Worth every penny, even if it was a bit of a pain losing my watch history and having to re-add all my subscriptions.

I'm sure Google will close the loophole at some point, but it's good while it lasts.
I'm via Ukraine , costs me less than £2 pm and once premium is activated , VPN turned off and working great.

Last edited:
I wouldn't mind paying a reasonable amount for add-free YouTube access. The content creators deserve to make a living. It's just that the UK rates are insane.

An ad-blocker is fine if you watch on some devices but I don't think they work on smart TV apps.

I wouldn't mind paying a reasonable amount for add-free YouTube access. The content creators deserve to make a living. It's just that the UK rates are insane.

An ad-blocker is fine if you watch on some devices but I don't think they work on smart TV apps.
Set up a YouTube account with a fake address in Argentina, India or Turkey and get premium for less than 2 quid a month. You'll need a VPN and a fake address generator, but once it's done you don't need the VPN, just log in on whichever devices you want it on.

Set up a YouTube account with a fake address in Argentina, India or Turkey and get premium for less than 2 quid a month. You'll need a VPN and a fake address generator, but once it's done you don't need the VPN, just log in on whichever devices you want it on.

That's what do as I said above. Around £1.20 a month with India. My point was that if UK rates were more reasonable (maybe a fiver a month) I wouldn't object to paying them. I probably watch more Youtube than live TV. The high prices encourage people to find a way around them.

Back