Your whole essence, your whole being, your hairstyles over the years

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mine..

As a bairn I was blonde with scraggy hair and wonky fringe because my mam could not cut it straight.
As an older bairn my hair went dark and I had a Beatles style haircut
Very early teens I was into Rock'n'Roll, so had a bit of a Teddy Boy style
Then I had an 80's 'Tips' hairstyle with a bick flick.
Became a Skinhead for a year or two.
Had a bit of a Phil Oakley style hair, massive fringe.
Late teens I had short, back and sides, with a quiff on top. Had a massive big hair quiff.
Tried a 'Gazza' type fringe in my mid twenties. That lasted a couple of weeks.
Back to short, back and sides, with a smaller quiff on top
Had a couple of years of a no'2 on top, no'1 on the sides.
Tried that cut lines in the side of my hair and eyebrows from a while
Then back to normal short, back and sides, with a modest quiff on top
Still have this style. The chicks love it!!

Never had a mullet or ponytail or owt too adventurers but did fancy a bit blue streak in my hair at some point.

:cool:

Last edited:

Short back n sides till about 14, then grew it a bit and got it all platted az I thought I waz black and wanted to be in menace2society or summit.
Then I got my plattz out, kept it long like I was in the Stone Roses for 6th form student days, then uni got it short and neat again.
That's been it really, untill I turned 40 and started going for the Zinedine Zidane look..

Short back n sides till about 14, then grew it a bit and got it all platted az I thought I waz black and wanted to be in menace2society or summit.
Then I got my plattz out, kept it long for 6th form student days, then uni got it short and neat again.
That's been it really, untill I turned 40 and started going for the Zinedine Zidane look..
:eek: :lol: :eek:
Dreadlocks are acceptable on a whitey, but platts?:lol:

The Barbers/Hairdressers patter.

"Are you out tonight?"
"Have you had your holidays yet?"

Does everyone get asked these questions on each visit, or is it just me?

Wedge in the mid to late 80s
French crop earlier 90s curtains late 90s.
Boy band spiked up early 2000 then ponytail.
Short with a flicked up fringe now

Long hair, side parting, when I was a kid, Mother wouldn't let me have a fringe as she said it would give me spots. Dad said I looked like Yoko Ono - so I went short with a fringe when I was 14.
I spent a few years trying to get my hair cut like Paul Young for some reason. Ended up with a mullet.
Dabbled with perms and a Mick Hucknall meets Bananarama type affair. Back to short.
Then long. And repeat.
These days - vary between straightened hair or naturally wavy mid length. I like changing it, bit boring having the same hairstyle forever imo.

Ginger hair
Yorkshire pudding look like Liono from Thundercats
Blonde Curtains
A fringe
Shaven without a guard with electric clippers
Military cut
Musician style sticking up all over the place yet combed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back