Your shite claims to fame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Went to school with the Arctic Monkeys

As a stage crew member I picked a plant pot and Yukka plant off the head of the head of the lead singer of 'Supergrass' after I walked into the room backstage and when I shut the door the shelf above the band sitting on a sofa collapsed and he got conked by it.:-D I took the plant home after that and rescued it from going in the the bin.:-D

I won an art competition at my primary school in the early 90's judged by Rolf Harris. The day he came to present the prize, with press and local papers etc I was off ill.

Maybe a good thing meaning he couldn't Seville me....allegedly.

I shared a hot tub with Wayne Bridge and Frankie from the Saturdays

She touched toes with me, I say she was trying to get a game of footsie going.

She looks more like Frank Lampard with those chesticles (or lack of)

Had afternoon tea and biscuits with Sir Christopher Lee who took a phone call from Alice Cooper inviting him to appear on stage in Germany half way through our chat about Manowar and Pink Floyd before recording a special message for my kids as Count Dooku making them do their homework:cool:

Had a jolly nice chat with Susannah Hoffs from The Bangles who laughed politely at my jokes:-D

Also had scampi and chips with Joe and Albert Bouchard from Blue Oyster Cult and Dennis Dunaway from the Alice Cooper Group while swapping pictures of our dogs !!!!

Had afternoon tea and biscuits with Sir Christopher Lee who took a phone call from Alice Cooper inviting him to appear on stage in Germany half way through our chat about Manowar and Pink Floyd before recording a special message for my kids as Count Dooku making them do their homework:cool:

Had a jolly nice chat with Susannah Hoffs from The Bangles who laughed politely at my jokes:-D

Also had scampi and chips with Joe and Albert Bouchard from Blue Oyster Cult and Dennis Dunaway from the Alice Cooper Group while swapping pictures of our dogs !!!!
The Wad of all Wad's!!:-DYou lucky bastard!!:evil:

The Wad of all Wad's!!:-DYou lucky bastard!!:evil:

Oh yes. I`ve lived on that moment for many years:-D:-D

Had a good 30-45 minutes in Sheffield with her. Looked absolutely stunning with no make up on at all and just a baggy white shirt and jeans. A real, natural beauty. very charming and very genuine too.

there was just the two of us.....well, and my wife who made sure Ms Hoffs wasn`t so overwhelmed that she`d whisk me away on the tour bus !!!

To say she looked stunning at the gig on the evening is an absolute understatement. Here`s a couple of snaps I took from the photo pit:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mickb2112/page4/

I necked on with Tosh's(The Bill) daughter.

:eek: Which one? He's got about 6 kids hasn't he?

One of my shite claims to fame was meeting Tosh from The Bill in a campsite in Devon. :eek::lol:

Also:

- When I was about 7ish I was on the front page of "a" newspaper (might've been The Echo, might've been a crappy free Seaham paper, can't remember, was too long ago) selling cups of tea in the middle of Seaham's main shopping street with the rest of my cubs group.

- I went to senior school with Casper Berry ("Gil" from Byker Grove) and his brother Hywel.

- In my early teens I met Jeremy Beadle in Newcastle train station, where he was shooting an episode of a game show

- Also in my early teens, I met the writers from Viz on the opening day of the Viz shop in Newcastle. One of them drew a huge Finbarr Saunders down the leg of my brand new (and first ever) pair of Levis 501's in permanent marker. I still own them, complete with Finbarr, though they're a bit fucked now.

- When I was 17, my girlfriend lived opposite Gary Bennet.

- Around the same time, I had to clean up after "Spuggy" from Byker Grove when she left her table in the McDonalds I was working at.

- In my early 20's my self-recorded-and-produced "solo album" in which I wrote and played ALL instruments, was reviewed by guitarist magasine. They said I was "one to watch" and "needed to buy a tuner" in an article the size of a postage stamp on the readers' demos page.

- I was a year above The Editors at the same university. Never met them or knew who they were, but they will have had to listen to a piece of my music in their Composition module if they chose Composition rather than Performance as their final year option, because the lecturer asked my permission to use it as an example that year. :cool:

I've got a few others, more recently, but I've mentioned most of those on here before.

Last edited:
I was on telly twice for a good 10 seconds each singing me head off after Sess scored our winner at Boro last season.

I once smacked a cricket ball into Tommy Miller's mam and dads garden.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back