Your first boots?

A pair of mitres with screw in studs, handed down and tatty.

I was very proud to have them and they cleaned up brilliantly, first pair of boots that had laces I could tie underneath and back up, thought I had arrived man.

Puma kings circa 1992. Back when boots were boots (and black). I remember the first time a lad wore blue boots and he rightly got booted off the pitch :lol:

Random fact of the day, Henry VIII had the first recorded pair (not that he used them much I'd imagine).

There's a nerdy podast called "You're Dead to Me" that the BBC run that have a really interesting episode about it.

Logon or register to see this image

Stylo ones from the Coop in Murton about 1965 (went with me Mam) . Git hard toecaps that you had to wack with a hammer to get soft.
First really good pair from Willie Watson's (Mitre with screw in studs, loved those boots), about 1968 I think.

Stylo ones from the Coop in Murton about 1965 (went with me Mam) . Git hard toecaps that you had to wack with a hammer to get soft.
First really good pair from Willie Watson's (Mitre with screw in studs, loved those boots), about 1968 I think.
I won a pair of Stylo boots in a competition in the Sun ,black with a gold flash they were, decent boots tbf, must have been very early 80's as I had to list in order the best strikers of the day in the same order Bobby Charlton did, and I did ! People like Dalglish, Mariner and Regis were on it I remember.

Me too, my kids didn't believe such a boot existed, bloody useless the left one never worked; mind you , of the hundreds of pairs I bought the left one was always shite.
From a place on Toward Rd just up from the ymca? If so then they must’ve jumped boxes somehow because my right one nivver worked as well as the left. FFS that’s cost SAFC dearly that has.

.. Peter Osgood boots. Can't remember who made them. Can't remember what they looked like, though boots in them days were always black with molded soles. Some probs had a white stripe ..

Back