Your first boots?

Quite small, but just right fit if I recall correctly. I was 14 and had gone to a party with my older sister. I was well chuffed as I was punching well above my station both in terms of age and looks. Can remember it like it was yesterday though 😀

Bata. Has anyone mentioned them yet? I got a pair for my 6th birthday, I also got a cricket bat - can't remember the make though. I had loads of ice cream too :p

Gold and white total 90s passed down by my brother who didn't really play too much. They were always too big for me and it was like playing with boats on my feet XD

Gola rubber studs
Me dad got them from some sort of fire sale above the Mowbray hotel ha ha

I literally would have killed for a pair of puma king that kenny dalglish wore

Another who can't remember the make, not ankle high, but with the steel toe cap and nailed in studs. I carried on wearing them until my feet were at least two sizes too big for them. Just like Billy's Boots, they somehow gave me self-confidence, and I always thought I'd score or make goals. If only I realised it was more to do with other kids not wanting nails and steel scraping their ankles when I had the ball, masking a general lack of talent.

Back