Your favourite Bible story?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The one where God decides completely out of nowhere to kill Moses, but Moses's wife talks God out of it by quickly circumcising their infant son with a piece of flint and touching her husband's feet with the severed foreskin.

Yes, I too googled "weird Bible stories"

Anyone fancy starting your favourite Koran story?

OP you game?

Reminds me of a Dara O'Briain bit in one of his standups when he's talking about people coming up to him after gigs, criticising him for making jokes about the Bible and saying "why don't you make jokes about Muslims" and he says, well, let him say it for himself:

The one where God sent a couple of bears to murder a bunch of kids for laughing at a bald guy

God :cool:
There's a moral to that story. Laugh at a baldy and it won't end well ;)
The one where Jesus said that guns are good, abortions are bad and all foreigners should be treat with extreme prejudice.
Now there is an example of telling lies.
My favourite book is Genesis where the rogue angels come down and shag the daughters of men, producing giant offspring the Nephalim. It would make a good film.

Last edited:
The one where God sent a couple of bears to murder a bunch of kids for laughing at a bald guy

God :cool:

Kings ? You've got to love the old testament like :)
There's a moral to that story. Laugh at a baldy and it won't end well ;)

Now there is an example of telling lies.
My favourite book is Genesis where the rogue angels come down and shag the daughters of men, producing giant offspring the Nephalim. It would make a good film.

There are some missing scriptures from the bible that fill in the blanks on this one ;)

Last edited:
bit like asking "what's your favourite fairy story" tbh, if he was real, well nobody would be dead

Something about a dude who lives to be 900 or something, getting all species of the animals in the world to live on a boat for a few months. And two of each to boot.
Even better when you subsequently discard all that modern preachy science stuff about genetics and having to introduce new blood to the gene pool to avoid catastrophic mutations and that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back