Your car, realistic car and dream car

Got a Focus, would like some sort of noisy muscle car. Realistically, I will end up with a Land Rover or a German car when I'm older for practical reasons. I could ignore road markings, get right of way in very situation and won't need to bother renewing the licence when it expires.

My mate's boss had one of those. Spent money on mods like lights on the underside of the doors saying RS6. He sold it after 3 years with 3k miles on it. Must have made a dreadful loss on it :eek:
As an investment, car mods seem like the worst possible waste of money. The classic is young lads spending £1k on a car, adding £3k of mods to it and selling it for £500.

Most of the mods are shit too. One lad I knew damaged his ankle in football and I put my hand up to drive his car to the hospital. He was a young lad, (the son of one of our players who could not make it that day) and went on about the mods and power of his car. It was a 1.1 Fiat with body kits, noise addition, lights, racing seats etc. But it drove and handled like a 1.1 Fiat. Made a massive amount of noise at the traffic lights pulling away, but less power than the Focus Estate I had at the time.

BMW 118d (probably looks quite dull but fun when it gets going, like me)
Alfa Giulia Veloce (sexy and fast as fuck and handles superbly, like I WISH I was)
Alfa Giulia Quadrifoglio (sexy as fuck but insane, how I like my women)
I had a Giulia for a couple of years on a cheap lease, it was just the 200HP Sprint version but it was insanely good to drive. Loved that car. I'm seriously thinking about getting a Veloce actually. The QV is probably too bonkers for a family car (and out of my price range), but would be amazing.

I'm not a fan of the direction they're taking (like everyone else) focusing on SUVs (and of course EVs, though that is inevitable). The Giulia is probably the last proper Alfa and will be a modern classic no doubt.

8yr-old Volvo V70
8yr-old Volvo V70
8yr-old Volvo V70

It gets us where we need to go. I can chuck tons of shit in the back when I need to. It's comfortable & reliable.

I had a Giulia for a couple of years on a cheap lease, it was just the 200HP Sprint version but it was insanely good to drive. Loved that car. I'm seriously thinking about getting a Veloce actually. The QV is probably too bonkers for a family car (and out of my price range), but would be amazing.

I'm not a fan of the direction they're taking (like everyone else) focusing on SUVs (and of course EVs, though that is inevitable). The Giulia is probably the last proper Alfa and will be a modern classic no doubt.
I will be replacing the 1 series as soon as I sort out the sale of my poor old mum's flat now that probate is finally completed. I'd like to go for the Veloce, but I think the Sprint is more likely, but even that looks pretty swift on paper. I live in an area of Berkshire that has some lovely drives just a few minutes away and I really enjoy (non-urban) driving. The Giulia was announced way back when I was driving a Twinspark 147 which I bloody loved and it's been my ambition to own one some day, I can't think of a "mass" production car that looks so good in my lifetime.

I’m just about to replace my Nissan note which has close to 120k miles on the clock.
My dream replacement is a Nissan Note n tech+ automatic with about 40k miles on the clock. There’s nothing else that size with a similar boot capacity.
For context I am a little old lady and love my Nissan Note and I would really like rear parking sensors.

I will be replacing the 1 series as soon as I sort out the sale of my poor old mum's flat now that probate is finally completed. I'd like to go for the Veloce, but I think the Sprint is more likely, but even that looks pretty swift on paper. I live in an area of Berkshire that has some lovely drives just a few minutes away and I really enjoy (non-urban) driving. The Giulia was announced way back when I was driving a Twinspark 147 which I bloody loved and it's been my ambition to own one some day, I can't think of a "mass" production car that looks so good in my lifetime.
Even the Sprint had enough power to scare me at times (in the wet). It just feels so well balanced and agile, looks amazing, and is reasonably practical too. I had a 156 previously and loved that but the Giulia is leagues ahead as a drivers car (even with the auto box - which is brilliant too).

BMW M3 x-Drive (G80)
911 Carrera
911 Turbo S

My last car was a QV. Amazing car to drive, had no issues (may have got lucky) and ticks the Alfa box. Was easy to drive, unless you put it in the more dialled up settings and it's wet. Then, not so easy.

But they're years behind tech wise and the dealers are typically useless.

Last edited:
Nissan Qashqai
Next car is going to be BMW 335d 2019 model (last year this engine was made) just trying to find the right colour and spec combination before I pull the trigger.
Dream car is Agera RS or if I actually want to take my family anywhere a Urus

I'm not into cars but a mate has a Toyota GR Yaris Rally, It's tiny, chipped to about 330hp and 4 wheel drive. Sounds like fun. He does track days in it and has had it on the Nurburgring, he says it is fun.

Back