Young People Being Blamed.....

I’m on public transport now, at 29 I’m clearly the youngest on here. Counted 3 others wearing masks round their neck.

If you want to go down the pub route and guidelines not being followed, take a walk to The Forresters Arms, The Top House, The Willow Pond and I guarantee it’s not young’ns who don’t give a fuck.

The point of my initial post is that the demographic they’re blaming tend to be out more and do the things suggested. To say in the main they’re not the ones following the guidance is horse shit though. It’s also bollocks to pin the blame at their door.

Yes, but you said the government were saying young people are going out too much. They didn't. They said guidelines weren't being followed.

Im 34 so wouldnt class myself as old or young but somewhere in the middle. I follow the rules in shops and on public transport but see others of all ages not doing the i am still working from home and will be until i am made redundant in january bar 1 day a fortnight where i am in the office and it is all set up to socially distance and i actually feel safer there than in the shops. I have a handful of people i am happy to see without socially distancing 10 in total of family and friends (not all at the same time) but dont spend any prolonged period of time with anyone else without following the guidelines. Have been in a few different pubs and felt safe in almost all except 1. From what i have seen there isnt a particuler age group not following the rules but it is across all ages.

I’m 28 so while not really young anymore I’m still relatively youthful still.

I hold my hands up I’ve probably been pretty lax throughout all this and especially so since the lockdown restrictions got lifted.

I actually fall into the vulnerable category so youd think I’d be more careful but once I’ve had a skinful it just goes out the window.

I had a scare the past few days which has thankfully turned out to be a false alarm but I definitely could have avoided it had I tried harder. I’ve decided I’m gunna avoid going out for the foreseeable as I don’t want to jeopardise mine or anyone else’s health and I don’t trust myself after a drink to be completely honest.

It’s too easy to forget what’s going on when you’re a single person who’s had ten pints and you get chatting to lasses.

Fair to say I shit my pants yesterday though when I thought I may have been in contact with someone with it.

Back