You win or inherit £1.5m, what do you do?

5k per month tax free? I’d fill my time nicely with that

It wouldnt be tax free and you wouldn't get them returns

Course. If you spent 500k paying off or buying a house and a top car you'd still have just shy of £2100 cash per month debt free for 40 years.

Which taking into accoubt for inflation would be fuxk all in 40 years time

The tax man would take a huge chunk of any "gift".

Not if you live for 7 years or whatever it is

Ten 90 grand houses, stick them with a letting agent, feet up and watch my 3000/5000k a month roll in depending on occupancy payment split between a few directors me my wife (no) and bairns keep the tax down. Feet up and relax probably buy a box at the sol for me mates

Ten 90 grand houses, stick them with a letting agent, feet up and watch my 3000/5000k a month roll in depending on occupancy payment split between a few directors me my wife (no) and bairns keep the tax down. Feet up and relax probably buy a box at the sol for me mates
I wouldn’t have thought you would get anywhere near £5k per month after fees, factoring in empty properties, damages, repairs and replacements, insurance, tax etc.
How much would a £90k house rent out for?

I wouldn’t have thought you would get anywhere near £5k per month after fees, factoring in empty properties, damages, repairs and replacements, insurance, tax etc.
How much would a £90k house rent out for?
That’s why I did between 3/5 90 grand house between £550 and 650 10/15% to the agent
7 @ 550 returns 3272 @ 15%

I'm 32. I'd make it last. You don't have to go wild you could live comfortably on that
Again depends on circumstances, far more achievable in the north east than the south east for example.
It’s certainly achievable to make it last You could probably move abroad and live like a king in some places if you wanted.

It's not enough to be lavish but it's plenty to be very comfortable. Pay off the bills, invest a bit, have a nice holiday etc. If your old enough you could retire, I've got 30+yrs left at graft so I'd have to grin and bear it for a while longer.

Back