You win or inherit £1.5m, what do you do?

Some right f***ing whoppers on here mind saying they would still have to work and could only retire on that if they were getting on. If a 25 year old won that amount they could buy a house for 300k and still have 30k a year to live off till retirement and that's before interest.
That assumes you only buy a house even then £300k wouldn’t get you much if you live in London for example. No cars, no holidays, no helping friends and family, all to live on £30k a year. Can see why some might want to top that up at least for a while.

Mortgage paid
House renovations finished
Couple of new cars maybe but nothing too flash
Holiday home somewhere and invite family and friends out for free all the time
Take plenty of time off work
Pensions topped up
Split the rest between the kids to pay for education/house deposits

Be able to live off part time wages until my early retirement

Pay off my mortgage, buy the mother in law a bungalow but keep it in my name so my kids get it in 20 yrs, update my business premesis. Few holidays

But because i dont have 1.5mil
Id let a bloke with 1.5mil bum me for the above :lol:

Last edited:
Some right f***ing whoppers on here mind saying they would still have to work and could only retire on that if they were getting on. If a 25 year old won that amount they could buy a house for 300k and still have 30k a year to live off till retirement and that's before interest.

How much do you think 30k would buy youin 30 years time.

And you would be bashing the capital all the time. You would get used to better holidays... Be joining golf clubs etc.. not working at 25means spending.. or are you going to just sit in your arsewatxhing boxsets for next 35 years

How much do you think 30k would buy youin 30 years time.

And you would be bashing the capital all the time. You would get used to better holidays... Be joining golf clubs etc.. not working at 25means spending.. or are you going to just sit in your arsewatxhing boxsets for next 35 years
I'd be on the piss all the time. Currently excluding my mortgage payments I live off about a grand a month no bother at all. Just because you win a load of money doesn't mean you have to buy a mansion and a brand new Ferrari every year....

Buy some land and build my own house, no mortgage to pay ever. Money aside to pay running costs.
Couple of nice cars.
Help Family and a few friends.
Quit work
Few holidays before i start work
Learn trade basics and start property development

Back