You win or inherit £1.5m, what do you do?

Tricky amount, probably not quite enough for me to jack in completely and never work again (doable but not with a great standard of life).
Buy a house, take a year or so off and travel then maybe just do bits of contract work for 6 months of the year, be a very nice safety net to have.

Split it 3 ways with my 2 kids.
I'm retired, and like where I am so...
Buy the bit of land next to my house so no one can build next to me.
Minor alterations, improvements to the house.
Have the garden landscaped.
Travel (in luxury)

Split it 3 ways with my 2 kids.
I'm retired, and like where I am so...
Buy the bit of land next to my house so no one can build next to me.
Minor alterations, improvements to the house.
Have the garden landscaped.
Travel (in luxury)

I’d buy the flat downstairs just so I didn’t have to say areet to the neighbours and talk to them about building repairs.

I honestly think I’d be better off in the long run if I just kept working and investing in the way I am now than if I won 1.5million tomorrow.

I’d do something stupid like start a brewery.
You could just spend it all on a really nice house. No mortgage obviously so be a lot easier and more comfortable but you would still need to work.

You could just spend it all on a really nice house. No mortgage obviously so be a lot easier and more comfortable but you would still need to work.

I could do this tbh. Buy a home id likely live in for a long time with the money, keep my current place as a small rental income and keep working.

The reality is I’d not be that sensible and I’d spent a million of it on a cellar full of Belgian geuze and loads of crack cocaine or something.

Pay off my mortgage, rent it out and then spend the rest on a posh house and a car might be the one.

I could do this tbh. Buy a home id likely live in for a long time with the money, keep my current place as a small rental income and keep working.

The reality is I’d not be that sensible and I’d spent a million of it on a cellar full of Belgian geuze and loads of crack cocaine or something.

Exactly.

Back