You know you're definitely about to concede on FM2014 when...

Status
Not open for further replies.

if you are watch for the stat about a striker pre game and it says 'X has not scored in over 1560 minutes of football'
guaranteed that you'll be winning and he'll get an equaliser

Classic mode wasnt in FM 2013, first year its been in is 2014

Was definitely on 13.

Since nobody posts in the proper thread. It takes the piss how hard it is to sign players in 2018. Everyone wants £30M and all the players want £100K per week. Teams like Stoke get tycoons ffs and are dishing out £185K a week to Vydra.

Just had the most infuriating game a one where you just know you're gonna concede a late goal but at least this was original and i'd never seen before, the opposition keeper scoring a volley from just on the edge of the area, this was after being 2-1 up dominating the game until one of my players two footed a player and then both of my strikers get injured, I had a game in hand 2 points behind with only 2 games to go, so it pissed me off even more, thankfully i went up through the play offs!

Since nobody posts in the proper thread. It takes the piss how hard it is to sign players in 2018. Everyone wants £30M and all the players want £100K per week. Teams like Stoke get tycoons ffs and are dishing out £185K a week to Vydra.

Yeah it happens on every FM. I'm in 2022 with my FM12 career at the minute and although I'm top of La Liga I can't attract even 'good' players without throwing 70k a week at them.

I've improved my youth academy every year so it's state of the art and my recruitment is good but I still haven't even brought through one youth player good enough to even play in my reserve/U19 squad. :lol: I'm forced into buying shit players.

The upside is that the market is so fucked you can sell average £3/4m players for £10m+.

Yeah it happens on every FM. I'm in 2022 with my FM12 career at the minute and although I'm top of La Liga I can't attract even 'good' players without throwing 70k a week at them.

I've improved my youth academy every year so it's state of the art and my recruitment is good but I still haven't even brought through one youth player good enough to even play in my reserve/U19 squad. :lol: I'm forced into buying shit players.

The upside is that the market is so fucked you can sell average £3/4m players for £10m+.
I've won back to back titles with West Brom like. I needed a BBM but my main targets Wanyama and Goretzka went to PSG and Barca. I can't compete with £120k per week. I've had to bid £30m for Matthias Ginter and offer him £90k a week. My max wage is £92k and it means I lose my best players. The likes of Stoke and Southampton are spending daft amounts and dishing out huge contracts. My league and CL performances and my revenue doesn't add up. Yeah, I got a £37m budget but when you look at the fees clubs demand it's really nothing.
Even players like Will Hughes, who barely played for me, wanted to double his wages to £50k when I needed to renew it. The players are incredibly greedy and it's not realistic at all when they'll then go and sign for £30k less than you offered.

Same with us. I invest a lot in the youth infrastructure and the results are pathetic.

When one of your defenders literally looks at the man with the ball and either moves out of his way or lets him walk straight through him.

14 isnt much better tbh, i agree with whoever above said using the3D match engine is essentially like Moses parting the Dead Sea, concede way too many goals compared to 2d Match Engine

I realise this was posted a while back, but Im pretty certain that changing the match engine doesn't change the results - They're both just interpretations of the actual match engine, displaying it in different ways.

Often a stupid goal is just an error in the way its being shown, not something that has actually happened. Although I'll admit I had to find a member of SI games staff saying that on the FM forum before I believed it :lol:

I realise this was posted a while back, but Im pretty certain that changing the match engine doesn't change the results - They're both just interpretations of the actual match engine, displaying it in different ways.

Often a stupid goal is just an error in the way its being shown, not something that has actually happened. Although I'll admit I had to find a member of SI games staff saying that on the FM forum before I believed it :lol:

i tend to go along with this - when your just looking at overhead dots or reading the commentary you can fill in the gaps in your mind; when you let the 3d engine attempt to fill in those gaps it just looks awful.

In the last minute of the game, protecting a 3-2 lead, my keeper, who is Neuer, rolls the ball straight out to their striker and runs past him for an open goal tap in. What's that shit about? No keeper in the world would do that. :rolleyes:

When you're 3-0 up at HT and the opposition come out and score within 5 mins. Usually means a draw or a defeat from there. I just about scraped a 3-3 draw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back