You can have absolutely anything you want that money can’t buy.

I’d go for a chance to revisit our wedding day when we had everyone who meant so much to me and the missus through our lives, with a couple of exceptions, all together, just having a laugh in good health and good form, celebrating a happy event and just looking forward with that blind naivety we had back then.
How long ago ?

I would have a Time Machine so I could lend it out to all the people on this thread to let them go back to their moments.

On my turn I would go back to have a day with my old dog. He died in 2020 , cancer. I would go back to when he was at his peak , about 5 year old.Go to the Blue Lagoon in Seaton , then Wynyard Woods. Just me and him , one last time.
Reading this post takes me to my best mate faithful dogs that have left me over the last year or so. Heartbreaking memories.

Quite similar to me, I lost my Dad at 26 but knew 2yrs before (from consultant) that he only had 2yrs to live. Life changing living nightmare that I'll never get over. 40 years later it's still in my thoughts about what we missed doing together.
With my dads passing being so sudden, I was spared the type of pain you will have experienced mate.

Yeah, there's a void that is never filled. We move on with life, but sometimes at random times, that emptiness still hits deep.
With my dad, one minute he was there, the next minute he was gone from us. The shock turned my world upside down, but it also gave me a big kick up the arse to embrace life while you have it.

Thanks. Passage of time is sad.
We’ve had lots of good times with all the people who were there in the intervening years. The sad bit is seeing them fall away over those years.

It would just be class to be able to go back for that one moment in time when they were all together in the same place and tell them then how much they meant to us then, and how they help shaped our lives both as individuals and as a couple.

In truth, as much as anything, it would be good to tell the younger me how much I should appreciate them.

I’d go for a chance to revisit our wedding day when we had everyone who meant so much to me and the missus through our lives, with a couple of exceptions, all together, just having a laugh in good health and good form, celebrating a happy event and just looking forward with that blind naivety we had back then.
Very touching.

change the need in humans to hate, to conquer, to divide, to enslave, to oppress etc

can you imagine the amount of money we could direct to healthcare & sustainable living if we stopped spending it on military equipment, infrastructure and war?

Either to have my Dad back or to have a conversation with my sister, who was born mentally handicapped.
I totally understand this ♥️♥️♥️.

My 24 year old daughter is mentally and physically disabled and is non verbal.
I have always said I would love to get inside her head, even for just 5 minutes, so I could find out how much she understands and so I could know what it’s like to be her. She can’t tell me anything ☹️.

It will never happen in a million years but to be able to have a conversation with her would be mind blowing.

Last edited:
I'd say a ranch in Texas with loads of land would be my dream but I'd give all that up to spend another day with my dad and enjoy a few pints!
I think Patrick Swayze did the ranch thing in the run up to his death. He apparently devoted his remaining time to growing herbs and seemingly became very accomplished and skilled at it.

In the year before he died, they say he had the thyme of his life.

With my dads passing being so sudden, I was spared the type of pain you will have experienced mate.

Yeah, there's a void that is never filled. We move on with life, but sometimes at random times, that emptiness still hits deep.
With my dad, one minute he was there, the next minute he was gone from us. The shock turned my world upside down, but it also gave me a big kick up the arse to embrace life while you have it.
I don't think there's a good way to lose a parent, whichever way stays with you forever and flips your life on it's head, It totally alters your life perspectives and alters you as a person. It did to me,

Back