You’ll smash it…

Cadbury`s Smash and a Fray Bentos steak and kidney stodge pie - great memories
We had a 'did that really happen?' moment having Sunday lunch at a decent restaurant with rooms former coaching house set up. There was a plentiful supply of veg varieties including some flavoured mash. An old girl at an adjacent table asked the young lad who was one of the waiting staff how the made the mash and he replied "with the kettle".

"I've had to take someone off the ..... project. They had calls outstanding in the TS postcode area. I was hoping you could parachute down and complete by close of play Friday?"

I love your blue sky thinking!

I'm a team player so let me run this up your flagpole to help you capture the low hanging fruit. Here's a copy of my bullshit bingo card - the game we used to play in my office is to, with a straight face, shoehorn these phrases into as many conversations as possible. Extra points if you do it face to face and not just on Teams.

Can you deep dive these deliverables and break the silos?

You can move the needle!

Logon or register to see this image

With all due respect, shall we circle back to this? Ping me!
You must work for the same lot as me, if not, you’d fit right in 😊

I love your blue sky thinking!

I'm a team player so let me run this up your flagpole to help you capture the low hanging fruit. Here's a copy of my bullshit bingo card - the game we used to play in my office is to, with a straight face, shoehorn these phrases into as many conversations as possible. Extra points if you do it face to face and not just on Teams.

Can you deep dive these deliverables and break the silos?

You can move the needle!

With all due respect, shall we circle back to this? Ping me!
You're rehired.

Is there a more annoying phrase at the moment than this?

Smash should be reserved for breakages, back doors and shite powdered potato.

Not for getting a new job or completing the Great North Run where it is generally said to people who are mediocre at best.
An ex of mine got into the habit of saying "smashed it", she was a right dick'ed

Nor but there is a "me" 👍
I stated that once at some crap training and got reported . The boss had me in and the training report said I would “never be a team player “

The boss looked at me and I quote “ good man - we’ve enough f***ing sheep here - we need some leaders - crack on “
Whatever happened to Chas Smash ?
Caught a night boat to Cairo ……

Last edited:

Back