You’ll smash it…

Dear FlashGordon

Going forwards please ensure that I am kept in the loop regarding any targets so we can bring our A game.

To take it to the next level we need teamwork. Lets push the envelope and maximise leverage to avoid slippage and scope creep. At the end of the day we need to hit the ground running to bring to the table a robust best practice and give 110% to maximise the client experience.

Lets set the benchmark and be best in breed, if we think outside the box we can achieve a win-win situation.

Kind regards

HIT
Head of Corporate Cliché
My woke virtual signalling pronouns are She/Her
YET... I get a drubbing for using the word perfunctory in an email. So not fair :lol:

How about sharing some of your motivational quotes on here to help us all seize the day.

I prefer the classics. Mr Henry Ford was out there hustling before hustle culture was even a thing.

When I need my sales squad to push past client objections I use:

“If I’d asked my customers what they wanted, they’d have said a faster horse.”

But my favourite in tough times is:

"When everything seems to be going against you, remember that an airplane takes off against the wind, not with it."

Metaphors are just part of communication aren't they, although not a phrase I would use, it's generally very clear within the context within which it's used without rambling on.

Dear FlashGordon

Going forwards please ensure that I am kept in the loop regarding any targets so we can bring our A game.

To take it to the next level we need teamwork. Lets push the envelope and maximise leverage to avoid slippage and scope creep. At the end of the day we need to hit the ground running to bring to the table a robust best practice and give 110% to maximise the client experience.

Lets set the benchmark and be best in breed, if we think outside the box we can achieve a win-win situation.

Kind regards

HIT
Head of Corporate Cliché
I’m stealing that for my 1-2-1 later in the month 😊

Dear FlashGordon

Kind regards

HIT
Head of Corporate Cliché
No "blue sky thinking" or "brain dump" in there and you didn't "run it up the flagpole".
So you're sacked from your role as head of corporate jargon. :lol:

I’m stealing that for my 1-2-1 later in the month 😊
I love your blue sky thinking!

I'm a team player so let me run this up your flagpole to help you capture the low hanging fruit. Here's a copy of my bullshit bingo card - the game we used to play in my office is to, with a straight face, shoehorn these phrases into as many conversations as possible. Extra points if you do it face to face and not just on Teams.

Can you deep dive these deliverables and break the silos?

You can move the needle!

Logon or register to see this image

Logon or register to see this image

No "blue sky thinking" or "brain dump" in there and you didn't "run it up the flagpole".
So you're sacked from your role as head of corporate jargon. :lol:

With all due respect, shall we circle back to this? Ping me!

Last edited:
Is there a more annoying phrase at the moment than this?

Smash should be reserved for breakages, back doors and shite powdered potato.

Not for getting a new job or completing the Great North Run where it is generally said to people who are mediocre at best.

Never more annoying that when it’s a Ma on fb instructing their child to ‘smash Year 1’

He’s colouring in FFS.

Back