Yoga

Status
Not open for further replies.

OOOSH YEAH

Striker
Anyone else do it?

I absolutely love it me. Used to get headaches, stiff legs, tight shoulders the lot. Now I feel as fit as a fiddle and I swear it’s all down to yoga. Must have had loads of pressure in my neck and shoulders thinking back. Never really get hangovers now either.

I swear by it mate - best thing I ever started doing - transformed my life, well, gave me my life back. I've been doing it for c.10 years now and if I go a couple of weeks without doing it feels like rigor mortis is setting in.

I swear by it mate - best thing I ever started doing - transformed my life, well, gave me my life back. I've been doing it for c.10 years now and if I go a couple of weeks without doing it feels like rigor mortis is setting in.
Do you go to classes or have an instructional DVD etc? I'd like to start but not sure about the best way to approach it. Going to a class could be difficult due to time constraints. Any recommendations as to where to begin?

Do you go to classes or have an instructional DVD etc? I'd like to start but not sure about the best way to approach it. Going to a class could be difficult due to time constraints. Any recommendations as to where to begin?
Spare room rubber matted out, IMac,YouTube :cool:

DDP YOGA Official Web Site

I do this. Has handy mobile app. Helped me with my elbow and knee issues

Yes hes an ex wrestler but just watch some of the testimonies. Especially Arthurs

Think you can get free trial for 7 days

Last edited:
I bought a yoga book and learned the basics, its difficult to do as a beginner so I prefer tai chi

I do it myself and don't need dvd's or anything now. I started out using YouTube then "acquired" a couple of books and few dvds from newsgroups. Main book I used was Maran Illustrated Yoga (I still refer to it at times) and Sarah Ivanhoe videos. But YouTube's the place to start. Just take your time and do what you can do - all you need to purchase is a yoga mat.

How long are the workouts... going to give this a go and need to work out how long I need to work out lol

Around 45 mins. But once you know routines you can crank em out faster. I find them well paced and just follow along
Around 45 mins. But once you know routines you can crank em out faster. I find them well paced and just follow along
Also some decent recipes on there

Last edited:
My back has completely gone and physio thinks it because of underdeveloped glutes. I run loads but really suffered this year. People think Yoga would help?

My back has completely gone and physio thinks it because of underdeveloped glutes. I run loads but really suffered this year. People think Yoga would help?
Strengthen glutes exercises would help , loads of runners have weak glutes , especially people who sit at work

Anybody got a link for a decent 30min yoga session ?

Last edited:
I said this on another thread but Yoga is a revelation and should be (along with mindfulness/meditation) a compulsory lesson in schools.

I’ve been doing it daily for about a year. 20 mins each morning before I get ready. Had loads of problems with my Achilles and some back stiffness and that’s gone now. Mentally it does so much too.

My daughters school run it on an afternoonand the kids freely give up their lunch time to do it. Yoga and mindfulness. It’s brilliant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back