Yoga

My back has completely gone and physio thinks it because of underdeveloped glutes. I run loads but really suffered this year. People think Yoga would help?

The main problem with yoga is that it doesnt acknowledge relative hypo and hyper mobility.

Did the physio tell you why your glutes are under developed? Remember the observation is one thing, but finding out why is the only real way to address the issue.

Yoga may help, but it may not. It depends on the reason for the underdevelopment. Even then, any 'help' in that regard would only be useful up to a point.

The main problem with yoga is that it doesnt acknowledge relative hypo and hyper mobility.

Did the physio tell you why your glutes are under developed? Remember the observation is one thing, but finding out why is the only real way to address the issue.

Yoga may help, but it may not. It depends on the reason for the underdevelopment. Even then, any 'help' in that regard would only be useful up to a point.
I was doing a lot of boot camp to supplement my running, stopped boot camp (time constraint) but kept running and I have basically fell to bits with my hips/glutes/pelvis area hitting me the worst.

Am slowly reintroducing strength work but as soon as I try a half decent run am done in again 😟

I was doing a lot of boot camp to supplement my running, stopped boot camp (time constraint) but kept running and I have basically fell to bits with my hips/glutes/pelvis area hitting me the worst.

Am slowly reintroducing strength work but as soon as I try a half decent run am done in again 😟

Your hamstrings are probably taking way more of the work than they should be. Possibly shortened and tight hip flexors and problems with the glutes firing. Tight hips and glutes is a lot of shortened muscle to be pulling on the spine and pelvis.

Your hamstrings are probably taking way more of the work than they should be. Possibly shortened and tight hip flexors and problems with the glutes firing. Tight hips and glutes is a lot of shortened muscle to be pulling on the spine and pelvis.
I have always had issues with my hamstrings from my football days. My lower back last week was ruined but trying to sit I couldn't straighten my left leg due to the pain in my left glute. Am going to start more core work rather than just trying to run, done it before but it's tough trying to keep it up. Signed up for an ultra next May so need it sorting pretty quick like.

I do vinyasa yoga (Yoga Flow) it’s a bit more of a workout, but really good.

You can also do Iyengar yoga which uses blocks and a belt and focuses more on deep stretching.

Plenty of classes about.

Back