Yoga

I used to do a class once a week and really liked it but the teacher cancelled a few and I cancelled a few and work often got in the way so I dropped out. Really should make the effort to do it at home. Got me own mat :)

Been fancying it a while. There's boatload of 'beginner' vids on YouTube.. Any recommendations?
There's loads & it's excellent if you're no spring chicken. Only issue with the youtube stuff is as there's quite a bit of twisting & bending you can't actually see the screen for bits of it. The instruction to "hold that position as you exhale" is all well & good but if you're turned away from the screen, you can't be certain you're doing it right...

...oh, and don't do it in the living room with a small dog who immediately thinks "Wahey, Playtime!!!"

Most people's bad backs are due to tight hips from sitting for long periods. If you do hip openers once a week it starts to relive that pain. Stretching out your hips and legs and you no longer make old man noises when you bend over to pick something up off the floor. You come out of it feeling lighter.

Anyone else do it?

I absolutely love it me. Used to get headaches, stiff legs, tight shoulders the lot. Now I feel as fit as a fiddle and I swear it’s all down to yoga. Must have had loads of pressure in my neck and shoulders thinking back. Never really get hangovers now either.
Lots of women footballers do it.

Back