Yellowstone

A groan from the audience for arguably the biggest star in the World at the time?! Bullshit, he had an incredible run of box office and critical success pre Waterworld. Oh and Waterworld is a good film.
Yeah cos I’m so sad I would make up a story like that about something that happened (checks wiki for release date) 29 years ago just to impress some total strangers on the internet. No doubt he was a massive star but by then had reached saturation point and a lot of people were getting sick of him. The cinematic Phil Collins!

For those who are new to Yellowstone: every single character in all series and all spinoffs plus every character in anything that Taylor Sheridan creates or writes is a complete bastard.

I have no idea whether Sheridan is an ultra-right fundamentalist who thinks people are, or should be, like this or simply has an unpleasant imagination.

It draws you in and is usually well done but I, for one, am always waiting for the bit where there’s redemption or all the horrors visited upon certain people are avenged and/or some sort of justice or karma is visited upon the unpleasant people. But it never happens.

I’ve generalised but the theme seems I be that Taylor Sheridan likes to write twats.

Named my Siamese fighting fish after Lloyd from yellowstone as of yet he hasn't taken any of his tank mates to the train station!
Seriously yellowstone 1923 are class series but the standout for me was 1883 one of the best things i've seen in a few years on tv.
Never knew Taylor Sherdian wrote Sciorio as well.

I’m up to date with Yellowstone now and started 1883. So far so good.
As much as I like YS it’s starting to get a bit samey and I think they need to kill it off before it jumps the shark. You can’t really ‘relax’ into watching any episode cos you know you are never more than a few minutes away from the shit hitting the fan for the umpteenth time with yet another problem for Kev and the boys to sort.

Oh and spoiler alert Rob but Rip turns into a right soft ponce by season 5. 😜

We now have to wait another whole year for the remainder of the season. I really hope they don’t do a Game of Thrones on this.

Needed a box set to watch with Mrs mcq10

Her being from a farmers background thought this would be perfect.

She’s fell asleep halfway through the pilot episode.

Think I’ll leave her to I’m a celebrity for the next month while I binge watch this

Into season five now and whilst we are still really enjoying you can tell it's ran it's course. Beth (still wad) has become a parody of herself. Constantly trying to up the ante with just how nasty she can be. Looking forward to starting the prequels

We’ve watched all of them and enjoyed them but 1883 was the best by a country mile
I’m up to episode 8 of 10 in 1883. Do you not find it all a bit depressing? I mean I’m sure it was very hard for the pioneers but those who survived appear to have survived with next to nowt. I remember watching Centennial which told a similar story but at least there was some positive outcomes. BTW Isabel May easily out-wads Kelly Reilly!
Into season five now and whilst we are still really enjoying you can tell it's ran it's course. Beth (still wad) has become a parody of herself. Constantly trying to up the ante with just how nasty she can be. Looking forward to starting the prequels
Agree and how come hard man Rip turned into the world’s biggest soft shite whenever she’s around? Doesn’t sit right with me.

Last edited:
Is the second half of this series not back until next year?
Really enjoyed it at first but can't stand the Beth character who now seems the main focus and I'm totally bored of her.

We’ve watched all of them and enjoyed them but 1883 was the best by a country mile
1883 was as close to perfect as a tv show gets imo. Casted perfectly, great writing, paced well and ended when it should have without dragging on.

Yellowstone early seasons very good but gets samey/boring and I’ve struggled with 1923, casting is shite and story feels forced.

1883 was as close to perfect as a tv show gets imo. Casted perfectly, great writing, paced well and ended when it should have without dragging on.

Yellowstone early seasons very good but gets samey/boring and I’ve struggled with 1923, casting is shite and story feels forced.
Might take a look at that. Started 1923 but couldn't get into it.

Finished off 1823 last night.
Very good series. Well done, acting and cinematography absolutely spot on.

My only minor gripes were a bit too much empty philosophizing on the voice overs. And the depressingly downbeat theme with not much in the way of any happy ending for anyone except maybe Thomas. I mean I‘m sure it was no picnic trekking across the prairies (actually they probably did have a lot of picnics!!) but it seems like almost everyone took an absolute battering either mental or physical or both - if they even survived at all. A few more characters reaching their goals wouldn’t have come amiss!

Still - well worth the investment of time to be entertained. Will try 1923 but the consensus above seems to be it’s not as good. Maybe 1883 was just so well done its hard to capture lightning in a bottle again?

Just a couple of episode of S5 left. I've absolutely loved it but it does feel a little like they've ran out of ideas now.

Will move on to 1883 next.

Back