Yellowstone

I enjoyed 1883 and 1923. The first couple is series of Yellowstone were great, but then it became a bit monotonous. Have a problem, kill it or beat it up. And there’s not a character I like in the Dutton family. I can’t believe that Beth would get away with everything.

sadly not, been delayed similar to yellowstone ( later this year ) , also series 2 has been delayed indefinitely due to writers strike

from wiki

The series is set to run for two seasons with eight episodes each.[37] In February 2023, the series was renewed for a second season.[38] Filming of the second season was delayed indefinitely due to the ongoing writers strike in June 2023.[39]

The first season was broadcast in two blocks of four episodes each, with a month-long gap between the fourth and fifth episodes.

Well upon the SMB recommendation I’ve been working through this. Think I’m about 2/3 through season 2.

Interesting set up - shades of Game of Thrones, Sons of Anarchy, House of Cards, all in the modern west of course.

Having fairly modest personal ambitions I’m always a bit intrigued by why these people don’t sack off all the problems and death and just take the money and go and live a quite life in the country but of course that ignores the massive attraction of their lust to gain and retain power.

It was all getting a bit stale for me once the characters were set up there wasn’t a lot of depth. Jamie vain and weak, Trace grunting through life with that pained expression on his face, Beth a sociopath with no redeeming qualities. Costner who I previously believed to be a bit of a wooden actor holds it together well here. Reminds me a bit of Treat Williams in ‘Deep Rising’ confronting each successive drama with “now what?”😁

Just saw the episode where the Beck brothers sent the assassins to Beth’s office. Shit got real eh? Hope this turns up the heat a bit as there are many more episodes to get through. Must be convenient having doctors and law enforcement officials in your pocket.

Worth sticking with?
I enjoyed 1883 and 1923. The first couple is series of Yellowstone were great, but then it became a bit monotonous. Have a problem, kill it or beat it up. And there’s not a character I like in the Dutton family. I can’t believe that Beth would get away with everything.
This was / is a problem for me. Not much to admired about the lot of them.

Last edited:
Haha aye she's one of the main bugbears like, a constant joy vacuum.
Could have done with her going early doors. The show is brilliant but frustrating as out. The actress who plays Monica claimed to be part Native American when it apparently isn’t true as well, which makes her more annoying.

Have you seen 1883?

Could have done with her going early doors. The show is brilliant but frustrating as out. The actress who plays Monica claimed to be part Native American when it apparently isn’t true as well, which makes her more annoying.

Have you seen 1883?
Haha didn't know that like 😂 aye I enjoyed that was depressing but suited the era and style and showed how hard life will have been back then I thought. Enjoyed 1923 as well but not sure when that's back.

new series must be due back soon
Writers strike has scuppered schedules. Now there’s an actors strike.

The problem with a lot of shows these days is that the writers don’t know if they’re writing for a show that will be brutally cancelled after five episodes or if it will run for several ‘seasons’. They have to plan for short, medium and long term story arcs, and if the show is a success they have to keep the winning formula but move things along too (and keep the gravy train rolling) And at some point they have to plan an end point. Mad Men is a great example of how they quit while ahead and called it off properly. Game of Thrones - not so much!

Monica is a wad but total mood Hoover like. The kind of bewer you’d be chuffed to get with at first then after some time start looking at the shotgun and thinking “it’s either you or me heffa!”😁😁

Writers strike has scuppered schedules. Now there’s an actors strike.

The problem with a lot of shows these days is that the writers don’t know if they’re writing for a show that will be brutally cancelled after five episodes or if it will run for several ‘seasons’. They have to plan for short, medium and long term story arcs, and if the show is a success they have to keep the winning formula but move things along too (and keep the gravy train rolling) And at some point they have to plan an end point. Mad Men is a great example of how they quit while ahead and called it off properly. Game of Thrones - not so much!

Monica is a wad but total mood Hoover like. The kind of bewer you’d be chuffed to get with at first then after some time start looking at the shotgun and thinking “it’s either you or me heffa!”😁😁
won't affect Kevin Costner:D

won't affect Kevin Costner:D
Oof! Harsh but fair.
He used to be about as wooden as a fence post for me, but he’s done OK in this.

I remember going with a lass to see ‘Legends of the Fall’ and ‘Waterworld’ was one of the trailers. The Universal globe logo came up and was suddenly covered in water (nice touch) then that fella’s dramatic voice over “In a world …” (I might have made that up!) - you could tell everyone in the cinema was intrigued then the camera focussed in on Costner and there was a massive collective groan from the audience. 😁😁

Oof! Harsh but fair.
He used to be about as wooden as a fence post for me, but he’s done OK in this.

I remember going with a lass to see ‘Legends of the Fall’ and ‘Waterworld’ was one of the trailers. The Universal globe logo came up and was suddenly covered in water (nice touch) then that fella’s dramatic voice over “In a world …” (I might have made that up!) - you could tell everyone in the cinema was intrigued then the camera focussed in on Costner and there was a massive collective groan from the audience. 😁😁
A groan from the audience for arguably the biggest star in the World at the time?! Bullshit, he had an incredible run of box office and critical success pre Waterworld. Oh and Waterworld is a good film.

Last edited:

Back