Yedlin and Oviedo

Oviedo was like Papy and N'Dong in that he didn't want to play in League One but he knew he had to turn up and do his job or get fucked off like they did.

Oviedo was decent in League One like
Oviedo was pretty good in League One when he actually played but everyone had already made their mind up about him. There were loads who rated Reece James higher despite him being slow, incapable of defending and incapable of attacking.
I thought Oviedo had a very small number of games when he showed his quality with a pinpoint cross from the left. But most games he looked decidedly half-arsed. I didn't particularly rate Reece James, but he started more games on merit imho.

And Hume kept them both out for a short spell, until he did what Denver does and was injured.

Oviedo was pretty good in League One when he actually played but everyone had already made their mind up about him. There were loads who rated Reece James higher despite him being slow, incapable of defending and incapable of attacking.
We always looked better down that side when Oviedo played. James was decent enough but offered little going forward. It was a low bar though.

When he wanted to play Ovideo looked better than the level he was playing at. Too often though he thought he was better than the level he was playing at and the team he was playing for.

Hume didn't get a much of a look in until the following season and was the opposite of James in that he looked decent going forward but was poor defensively.

Oviedo was a better player than the pair of them but didn't want to be playing in the Championship let alone League One.

Yedlin looked all over the place but Big Sam came in and sorted both him and van Arnholt out.

Last edited:
Oviedo's attitude was a f***ing disgrace at times. His performance down at Coventry under Ross was one of the most half-arsed performances you'll ever see.

Another class Moyes signing.
I can't remember that, but I can't say I ever thought there was much wrong with his attitude to be honest. I remember him going ballistic at McGeady one time 'cos the lazy fuck wouldn't track back and left Oviedo in a 2 v 1 situation.

He was completely lost in Coleman's 3-5-2 formation like. Hopeless. Was fine in a back 4, if fit.

Last edited:
Always thought Oviedo was half decent for us, especially in league 1. Agree that it seemed he really didn’t want to be playing 3rd tier football. Highlight for me was his cross for Gooch to head the winner in our first home game that first season down there. Thought to myself, “gonna be a great season this, back in the championship next year!” Shows what I know about football. On the back of that, probably best ignoring my opinion on Oviedo and all 😄

I can't remember that, but I can't say I ever thought there was much wrong with his attitude to be honest. I remember him going ballistic at McGeady one time 'cos the lazy fuck wouldn't track back and left Oviedo in a 2 v 1 situation.

He was completely lost in Coleman's 3-5-2 formation like. Hopeless. Was fine in a back 4, if fit.
Pretty much every fucker was lost in that 3-5-2 formation tbf.

Oviedo scored a ridiculous goal away to Millwall from a short corner...then kicked Marcus Maddison in the chin while he was running down the wing the next season to throw the game away to Peterborough. ..and always injured

It was at home and didn’t he kick him up the arse?

Far side of the ground to me so not sure tbh :lol:
It was at home marra just bad wording from me. Gave the win to Peterborough is what I should have said!

Ah gotcha.
Mcnair might have been OK if he wasn't perpetually injured. He's been decent for boro.

Oooh Donald Love. Now he was a shite full back!

Last edited:

Back