Xbox Series S

What are the differences?

Are you sure EA play is on? I haven't seen that like
They just announced it.

We are teaming up with Electronic Arts to provide Xbox Game Pass Ultimate and PC members with an EA Play membership at no additional cost starting this holiday. This means Ultimate members can enjoy EA Play on Xbox One, Xbox Series X and S, and Windows 10 PCs, and Xbox Game Pass for PC members get EA Play on Windows 10.

Mental value that like.

S is without blue ray disc tray only use for digital games i think
And it doesn't have 4k. Not bad for a £200 saving
They just announced it.

We are teaming up with Electronic Arts to provide Xbox Game Pass Ultimate and PC members with an EA Play membership at no additional cost starting this holiday. This means Ultimate members can enjoy EA Play on Xbox One, Xbox Series X and S, and Windows 10 PCs, and Xbox Game Pass for PC members get EA Play on Windows 10.

Mental value that like.
That's unreal value for money.

If you find a date let me know

Last edited:
As someone who only buys digital and plays most games through the game pass these days that is tremendous value. Think I can like without the 4K for an extra £200 to be honest.

If you buy games as soon as they come out then after 20 games you'll have spent the same amount on the inferior model + digital games as you would have on the series x + 20 discs. That's without taking into account any trade in.

If you just buy fifa and CoD annually and nothing else its probably worth it but if you play tonnes of games it's a no brainer to get the better model

If you buy games as soon as they come out then after 20 games you'll have spent the same amount on the inferior model + digital games as you would have on the series x + 20 discs. That's without taking into account any trade in.

If you just buy fifa and CoD annually and nothing else its probably worth it but if you play tonnes of games it's a no brainer to get the better model
I was hoping they might actually ditch the download tax this generation

Can you get 1440p TVs?

Odd decision

Don’t think there are mainstream ones but you can get 1440p gaming monitors at 120hz which are very very good and looks like they are trying to entice in those gamers who would likely jump onto the RTX cards. Lots of gamers want frame rate over resolution so many will pick 1440@120 over 4k@60.

I wouldn’t say its an odd decision. According to steam 60% of users on there still game at 1080p with only a smaller minority making the jump to 4k. 1440p still looks great.

Last edited:
Don’t think there are mainstream ones but you can get 1440p gaming monitors at 120hz which are very very good and looks like they are trying to entice in those gamers who would likely jump onto the RTX cards. Lots of gamers want frame rate over resolution so many will pick 1440@120 over 4k@60.

I wouldn’t say its an odd decision. According to steam 60% of users on there still game at 1080p with only a smaller minority making the jump to 4k. 1440p still looks great.

Agree to disagree.

This price point is aimed at the casual gamer. Casual gamers won't buy monitors or care for frame rates.

1440p resolution is odd when majority of people who buy this console will play it on a TV

Only suckers buy most games on release these days man.

There’s shit loads on the game pass, and game pass for PC to wait for games to go on sale a few months down the line.

Agree to disagree.

This price point is aimed at the casual gamer. Casual gamers won't buy monitors or care for frame rates.

1440p resolution is odd when majority of people who buy this console will play it on a TV

Hmmm I’m not so sure it’s aimed at casuals - I’d say this is trying to attract in PC gamers.

So the next gen console at £250 is not 4k? I would not bother personally as it is very important to get better spec. I do not know if anyone here has played a PS4 Pro or the latest updated xbox with an OLED tv, but it is like a next gen console. So a next gen console I actually need it to be 4k etc.

So the next gen console at £250 is not 4k? I would not bother personally as it is very important to get better spec. I do not know if anyone here has played a PS4 Pro or the latest updated xbox with an OLED tv, but it is like a next gen console. So a next gen console I actually need it to be 4k etc.
It’s clearly not aimed at people like you who will go for the series x but there are plenty of casual gamers out there who would be interested at that price. Throw in game pass as a “Netflix” for games on top and I think they’ll attract a lot of people who wouldn’t be bothered paying twice that or whatever the PS5 and series x will be.

Back