Xbox One vs PS4 (Poll)

Which is better?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

you mean by respected games journalists and people working within the industry as opposed to the 'newpaper' who gave us this

Logon or register to see this image

okay
Its just quotes from a developer but nevermind. Im happy :cool: what the fuck is that pic meant to be anyway

Last edited by a moderator:
Its just quotes from a developer but nevermind. Im happy :cool: what the fuck is that pic meant to be anyway
a paragraph slamming Brass Eye's peadogeddon episode on the same page spread as the daily star discussing a 15 year olds tits[DOUBLEPOST=1393208903][/DOUBLEPOST]
"We were worried six months ago and we are not anymore, it's got better and they are quite comparable machines.

"The Xbox One is a bit more multimedia, a bit more hub-centric so its a bit more complex.

"There's stuff you can and can't do because it's a sort of multimedia hub.

"PS4 doesn't have that. PS4 is just a games machine."

this bit is interesting mind, given the PS4 has more sharing options with twitch tv and more streaming apps than the Xbox One at present and the majority of which arent trapped behind a paywall as with XBL, i find for a supposed 'multimedia hub' there would be more selection or integration of apps, yet this Gaming machine the PS4 currently as i said has more media apps available and plans to integrate more, as for 1080 its going to be interesting to see whether or not the frame rate improves because frankly its all talk at the minute from developers with very little.

Also why are Microsoft trying to bribe last gen owners into trading up their PS3's for an Xbox One...possibly because sales havent been as high as they expected though that could be down to Don Mattricks f***ing hideous people skills.

Last edited:
a paragraph slamming Brass Eye's peadogeddon episode on the same page spread as the daily star discussing a 15 year olds tits
Didn't notice that haha.[DOUBLEPOST=1393209452][/DOUBLEPOST]
a paragraph slamming Brass Eye's peadogeddon episode on the same page spread as the daily star discussing a 15 year olds tits[DOUBLEPOST=1393208903][/DOUBLEPOST]

this bit is interesting mind, given the PS4 has more sharing options with twitch tv and more streaming apps than the Xbox One at present and the majority of which arent trapped behind a paywall as with XBL, i find for a supposed 'multimedia hub' there would be more selection or integration of apps, yet this Gaming machine the PS4 currently as i said has more media apps available and plans to integrate more, as for 1080 its going to be interesting to see whether or not the frame rate improves because frankly its all talk at the minute from developers with very little.

Also why are Microsoft trying to bribe last gen owners into trading up their PS3's for an Xbox One...possibly because sales havent been as high as they expected though that could be down to Don Mattricks f***ing hideous people skills.

Still waiting to see of the xbox one will let you stream vids from a nas, that alone would be a dealbreaker for me, ps4 will almost certainly have cinavia. Didn't realise the amount of anti xbox shite about. We think its great.

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn't notice that haha.[DOUBLEPOST=1393209452][/DOUBLEPOST]
Still waiting to see of the xbox one will let you stream vids from a nas, that alone would be a dealbreaker for me, ps4 will almost certainly have cinavia. Didn't realise the amount of anti xbox shite about. We think its great.

For someone who isn't bothered which is the better machine and also berated others as being sad for doing so not long ago you do seem incredibly worked up about all this. Just get over the fact the PS4 is a better machine. You might live a more enjoyable life

For someone who isn't bothered which is the better machine and also berated others as being sad for doing so not long ago you do seem incredibly worked up about all this. Just get over the fact the PS4 is a better machine. You might live a more enjoyable life
Matter of opinions thats all

If you want to dig even deeper, the Xbox One also has various issues with playback of blu-ray and DVD content as well. The PS4 also has issues in that regard as well, but not as severe (no stuttering issues). Basically, the PS3 is still the best media-orientated console at present.
Matter of opinions thats all

Oh dear. Now you're dismissing facts as opinion. :lol:

In fairness to him, it is really a matter of opinion. You enjoy aspects of the PS4 and others enjoy Xbox.

Just accept that not everyone bases their enjoyment on technical specs and just enjoy the games they like to play.

What I was talking about has nothing to do with opinions though. It is all factual.

I honestly don't care about what other people like to play and on what platform, it's their business. I was simply trying to save potential next-gen buyers a hundred quid by presenting the facts.

What I was talking about has nothing to do with opinions though. It is all factual.

I honestly don't care about what other people like to play and on what platform, it's their business. I was simply trying to save potential next-gen buyers a hundred quid by presenting the facts.

But it's a subjective topic. Some people prefer substance over looks and that would dictate what they say is better.

I'm just pointing out that "better" isn't always about nice pictures.

If it hadn't been for Gears of War I probably wouldn't have played as much 360 and May have played more PS3. The way the game played dictated my choice last fen and it will this gen. Titanfall makes me happy to own an Xbox One and I feel it's the better machine......for me.

If you want to dig even deeper, the Xbox One also has various issues with playback of blu-ray and DVD content as well. The PS4 also has issues in that regard as well, but not as severe (no stuttering issues). Basically, the PS3 is still the best media-orientated console at present.

Oh dear. Now you're dismissing facts as opinion. :lol:
Weve just got an update to fix the bluray issues apparently but still no dlna. Ps3 was the better media player until cinavia update but neither did mkvs so actually they were both rubbish. What you on about dissmissing fact off as opinion, are you simple? For the millionth time a more powerful system doesn't mean better hence its a matter of opinion. Not sure how this is hard to understand. The spenky websites you have been reading has brainwashed you like

Weve just got an update to fix the bluray issues apparently but still no dlna. Ps3 was the better media player until cinavia update but neither did mkvs so actually they were both rubbish. What you on about dissmissing fact off as opinion, are you simple? For the millionth time a more powerful system doesn't mean better hence its a matter of opinion. Not sure how this is hard to understand. The spenky websites you have been reading has brainwashed you like
sorry like but when it comes to computing the more powerful the better.

sorry like but when it comes to computing the more powerful the better.
Games make consoles and always have done. More power is nice but no use if you can't play or do what you want. If its ghz or mb you want to masterbate over then save up for a pc.

I've got both (look at me) and the PS4 is by far nicer to use. My son uses the XB1, I use the PS4.

I just find the Xbox One interface clumsy. Also had problems with it black screening with the most recent update. Kinect is a waste of time, and the voice recognition only recognises my voice. Ignores my wife and daughter (cool) and only partly understands my son which he finds incredibly annoying.

Xbox one games - Lego Marvel, Fifa 14, Zoo Tycoon, that halo spin off, skylanders swap force

PS4 games - Outlast, Battlefield, Killzone, Warframe and other free games from PSN.

I also prefer the PS4 controller, but I've had Playstations since the PS1, so I am used to that style rather than the xbox

In fairness to him, it is really a matter of opinion. You enjoy aspects of the PS4 and others enjoy Xbox.

Just accept that not everyone bases their enjoyment on technical specs and just enjoy the games they like to play.

Got to say I agree with this like. I preferred Xbox 360 to PS3 for pretty much everything bar Naughty Dogs games and PS Plus but this generation I prefer the PS4 and it will be my main machine.

Both Xbone and PS4 will end being worthwhile purchases for people but neither are worth getting at the moment due to the lack of good games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back