Xbox One vs PS4 (Poll)

Which is better?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its still very disappointing that, apart from not being 1080p, it can't even manage a stable 60fps at 796p or whatever its running at. Not exactly "next gen".

The 360 v ps3 thing only really evened out over the last couple of years, but before that, virtually every non-exclusive game looked better and ran smoother on the 360. It was, and still probably is, the multiplat console of choice as far as last gen systems are concerned.

As for 720p vs 1080p, theres a big difference. Over a million pixels in difference at that. People with TVs below 40" probably wont notice, or care for that matter. But anyone with a good TV at 40+ inches (and by good I dont mean one wor lass got down Aldi on sale because it was a hyawge git screen nd that) will see it. Fair enough in films downloaded off tinterwebs there will be little difference, partly due to the fact theyre highly compressed regardless of resolution, and because you're more likely to be viewing a film at a greater distance from the TV. Films generally have large amounts of post processing as well, which softens the image.

Games though are a completely different matter. I know most on here wont care or simply wont have a TV capable of producing a good enough image to show the flaws in substandard content. I know some people use their TVs from large distances. And I know some just dont care. But to say there's no difference whatsoever (and to actually be serious about it) is just ridiculous.

All the fancy upscaling algorithms in the world can't make up for so many lost pixels in detail. I also wonder how many of those saying theres no difference have 720p TVs or, god forbid, "HD ready" TVs, and just dont undestand what it means.

Logon or register to see this image

Logon or register to see this image
This is the kind of post that puts me off the xbone, I'm still undecided but if I'm playing my games on a 55" LG dogs bollox telly I want them to look amazing. Can anyone else confirm they will look noticeably different.

This is the kind of post that puts me off the xbone, I'm still undecided but if I'm playing my games on a 55" LG dogs bollox telly I want them to look amazing. Can anyone else confirm they will look noticeably different.

Yes they will. Is there anything putting you off the PS4?

A good telly that size then yes.

Yes they will. Is there anything putting you off the PS4?
The only thing putting me off was that I've always had Xbox and I liked the look of ryse and dead rising. But I hold no allegiance to Microsoft and will happily switch to ps if this is the case.

The only thing putting me off was that I've always had Xbox and I liked the look of ryse and dead rising. But I hold no allegiance to Microsoft and will happily switch to ps if this is the case.

Fair enough mate. The difference will be noticable on your tv though.

I noticed the ps4 fifa crowd was a lot more detailed and was sharper.
Seems to play a lot smoother too!
That's my opinion though

If it helps I was a big 360 fan but im converted big style. Amazing console

Games make the consoles mate not ghz or MB, atari jaguar, ps3 etc etc. I just like Microsoft exclusives and xbox live better. If you have the dosh just get both. As for being a massive difference I doubt it especially this early on, unless you have them side by side with two identical tvs sitting close.

Games make the consoles mate not ghz or MB, atari jaguar, ps3 etc etc. I just like Microsoft exclusives and xbox live better. If you have the dosh just get both. As for being a massive difference I doubt it especially this early on, unless you have them side by side with two identical tvs sitting close.
What Microsoft exclusives do you like especially?

All down to a matter of preference and tolerance.

If you can tolerate paying a hundred quid more for worse hardware and putting your faith in a company which at the moment looks like a load of old men trying to be "hip", then so be it. If your mates have one, you'll enjoy it more, that's a given.

The PS4 will be a better purchase for people wanting non-exclusive games, and those who don't have a capable gaming PC. All 3rd party titles will run and look better on it, and will likely be the case for the next few years at least unless developers start dumbing down ports on purpose.

Neither console is worth buying for the exclusives at the moment though. The Xbone ones are downright terrible, and Killzone is average at best. Resogun is a masterpiece, but doesnt last long and is not worth shelling out £330 for (and thats before paying for the game itself). I'm sure loads will flock to Titanfall, but even that looks and runs like crap on consoles. PC version isnt much better aside from the resolution advantage and FOV slider.

Infamous Second Son is the only promising exclusive coming out soon. Plenty of announced titles for both platforms, but very little to show for it thus far.

Also :lol: at the fanboys claiming theres no difference between 720p and 1080p. You bellends were full of yourselves when the 360 thrashed the ps3 on 3rd party titles last gen. Now it doesnt matter? Aye right. :rolleyes:
Dear me what a crock of shit. I had both last gen and I just preferred the xbox, didn't give two shits about it being less powerful and upscaling games. Both ps4 and xbone graphics look class in my opinion and there is some good games. If you prefer to waste fortunes on a gaming rig just to brag about how many graphics cards you have and put up with a shrinking market then fair enough. 720p and 1080p are just resolutions so obviously 1080p has more potential, I was pointing out that it can be hard to distinguish from a reasonable distance, it isn't the be all and end all, why do you think the best looking games last gen were 720p?[DOUBLEPOST=1393189449][/DOUBLEPOST]
What Microsoft exclusives do you like especially?
I loved gears of war, halo, forza and the kinect. Coming out then theres titanfall, new gears of war and more kinect stuff. Then theres xbox live which is where I will play some of the lads on the bog standard games

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear me what a crock of shit. I had both last gen and I just preferred the xbox, didn't give two shits about it being less powerful and upscaling games. Both ps4 and xbone graphics look class in my opinion and there is some good games. If you prefer to waste fortunes on a gaming rig just to brag about how many graphics cards you have and put up with a shrinking market then fair enough. 720p and 1080p are just resolutions so obviously 1080p has more potential, I was pointing out that it can be hard to distinguish from a reasonable distance, it isn't the be all and end all, why do you think the best looking games last gen were 720p?[DOUBLEPOST=1393189449][/DOUBLEPOST]
I loved gears of war, halo, forza and the kinect. Coming out then theres titanfall, new gears of war and more kinect stuff. Then theres xbox live which is where I will play some of the lads on the bog standard games
defend it how you like, you'll likely see poorer quality graphics on the Xbox One than the PS4, thats more down to MS hardware choices restricting the developing than any legitimate quality of development issues

defend it how you like, you'll likely see poorer quality graphics on the Xbox One than the PS4, thats more down to MS hardware choices restricting the developing than any legitimate quality of development issues

This.

People only need to check the Digital Foundry section on Eurogamer to see just how massive the difference is even with the launch titles. Usually its not worth bothering with, as the differences were so minor towards the end of last gen, but its quite shocking how badly developers are struggling with the Xbone because of Microsoft's poor decisions.

When you get crappy PC ports of Battlefield 4 running at 900p and higher frame rates on PS4 vs the 720p and lower frame rates on the Xbone, it's quite alarming. Especially so considering just how much money Microsoft have thrown at EA to get all sorts of timed exclusives for DLC etc, you'd have assumed that would mean parity at the very least.

Fanboys can argue all they want about the resolution being irelevant, but performance issues at lower resolutions (see Titanfall) is inexcusable this early on. What happened to the whole "new consoles are like PCs so easier to develop for" argument?

This.

People only need to check the Digital Foundry section on Eurogamer to see just how massive the difference is even with the launch titles. Usually its not worth bothering with, as the differences were so minor towards the end of last gen, but its quite shocking how badly developers are struggling with the Xbone because of Microsoft's poor decisions.

When you get crappy PC ports of Battlefield 4 running at 900p and higher frame rates on PS4 vs the 720p and lower frame rates on the Xbone, it's quite alarming. Especially so considering just how much money Microsoft have thrown at EA to get all sorts of timed exclusives for DLC etc, you'd have assumed that would mean parity at the very least.

Fanboys can argue all they want about the resolution being irelevant, but performance issues at lower resolutions (see Titanfall) is inexcusable this early on. What happened to the whole "new consoles are like PCs so easier to develop for" argument?

Jesus f***ing christ, you're back! How long were you banned for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back