xboners - are you happy with your purchase?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reassuring that I have hopefully made right decision.

Been a 360 player for a few years and love it, never had a PlayStation ever. Got a ps4 on pre order to come in a week. Felt a bit like a traitor, and will be a shame to 'lose' my achievements. Just think PlayStation are concentrating on games only, Microsoft want to take over my living room, which just doesn't suit my lifestyle. Also, trying to consider all the multi tasking Xbox one does, will inevitably reduce performance in the core area. Jack of all trades, master of none....
:( Deserter! ;)

Serious question, have you tried one?

I was actually really impressed by it. Ended up getting one just for the exclusives. Obviously still use my xbone for "proper" games but its actually an excellent machine.

Yeah mate. Work with consoles every day so get to use them often. Terrible machine.

The ufc game might be when I look at buying something. The lack of great games for the two new consoles is a bit disappointing. Still on the fence mind.
Any idea of there release date for this? I've been looking forward to this since it was first announced but only seen it down for spring 2014. If I haven't got either console in the meantime, this will sway me.

Any idea of there release date for this? I've been looking forward to this since it was first announced but only seen it down for spring 2014. If I haven't got either console in the meantime, this will sway me.
I hear its going to be May, although apparently they're going to keep adding fighters until launch date so its anybody's guess really.

it has a wifi adapter, cheap one but it serves the purpose for me, im sure @mmmmmick posted something the other day about the wifi chip, cant be arsed to search though.
He might be able to give you a better idea of how to increase the latency of the connection

Long threads everywhere about how terrible it is. Doesn't even support 5GHz networks.

Mine is sitting around 8ft away from the router, both elevated at a similar height, no obstructions. Constant lag on any online enabled game.

The Xbone by contrast had an excellent signal, was able to use 5GHz networks, and the likes of titanfall etc experienced no latency issues whatsoever.

Long threads everywhere about how terrible it is. Doesn't even support 5GHz networks.

Mine is sitting around 8ft away from the router, both elevated at a similar height, no obstructions. Constant lag on any online enabled game.

The Xbone by contrast had an excellent signal, was able to use 5GHz networks, and the likes of titanfall etc experienced no latency issues whatsoever.
mmmmmmick in xbox praising shocker...

;);)

Best £15 you'll spend.

Been looking at this

Do the same thing?

Uses the house's electrical circuit as an extended LAN network. Essentially, you plug one into a wall socket, plug the router into it. Then plug another one into a wall socket near where your PS4 is and connect them with an ethernet cable and it's just like a wired connection.

mmmmmmick in xbox praising shocker...

;);)

They had to get something right again. Only took them 7 years post-GoW1.

Only good for small houses though usually. They can also be very tempermental and drop signal just as easily as shoddy wifi connections. Plus with fibre, there'd be no chance of getting 20mb, let alone 80mb, down the line.

Not really the point in the end though. My PS3 never has an issue with the wifi, as it has a better but slower chip, strangely enough. Even my old 360 with the overpriced wifi adapter managed to stay lag free connected to a router 2 floors down (at the time). Considering both companies are taking a loss on each console they sell, you expect BOTH, not just one, to at least pony up a few extra yen for a better chip.

Until I feel like doing some DIY, its a case of slinging an ethernet cable across the room.

They had to get something right again. Only took them 7 years post-GoW1.

Only good for small houses though usually. They can also be very tempermental and drop signal just as easily as shoddy wifi connections. Plus with fibre, there'd be no chance of getting 20mb, let alone 80mb, down the line.

Not really the point in the end though. My PS3 never has an issue with the wifi, as it has a better but slower chip, strangely enough. Even my old 360 with the overpriced wifi adapter managed to stay lag free connected to a router 2 floors down (at the time). Considering both companies are taking a loss on each console they sell, you expect BOTH, not just one, to at least pony up a few extra yen for a better chip.

Until I feel like doing some DIY, its a case of slinging an ethernet cable across the room.

Three storey turn of the century house here, and we were getting 28mb on a 60mb connection on PS3, which was pretty much maxing out the PS hardware. Haven't measured it on PS4.

I'm mostly happy with the Xbone (apart from play from USB and Iplayer), play on FIFA a lot despite it's flaws, I'm a big fan of Forza and I've got CoD Ghosts which I never get around to playing, also had Assasins Creed Black Flag but found it a bit to repetitive. Trouble is I'm starting to wonder a bit more if I've made the wrong choice. One of my mates who I've mostly played online and offline with over the years got a PS4 and he's keep mentioning how some of the games look on PS4. I bought this 'all in one console' when in reality it isn't.

The Kinect could be a decent feature, but in truth is doesn't work well enough for me to bother with it at the moment, the Xbox fitness is great and our lass thought it was excellent, but then never bothered with it much either and I just do not get the point of Xbox Tv/One guide in the uk, it seems absolutely f***ing pointless, I mean if you have a pvr, which has it's own interface, what real benefit do you get from connecting it to an Xbone?

I may or may not keep it and see how things go, but I've already had a look on eBay to see how much they're fetching. Not sure I'd see any benefit at all from swapping to a PS4 though.

Last edited:
I'm mostly happy with the Xbone (apart from play from USB and Iplayer), play on FIFA a lot despite it's flaws, I'm a big fan of Forza and I've got CoD Ghosts which I never get around to playing, also had Assasins Creed Black Flag but found it a bit to repetitive. Trouble is I'm starting to wonder a bit more if I've made the wrong choice. One of my mates who I've mostly played online and offline with over the years got a PS4 and he's keep mentioning how some of the games look on PS4. I bought this 'all in one console' when in reality it isn't.

The Kinect could be a decent feature, but in truth is doesn't work well enough for me to bother with it at the moment, the Xbox fitness is great and our lass thought it was excellent, but then never bothered with it much either and I just do not get the point of Xbox Tv/One guide in the uk, it seems absolutely f***ing pointless, I mean if you have a pvr, which has it's own interface, what real benefit do you get from connecting it to an Xbone?

I may or may not keep it and see how things go, but I've already had a look on eBay to see how much they're fetching. Not sure I'd see any benefit at all from swapping to a PS4 though.

Few games look better on PS4, but you can only tell on TV's that are 50'' or above.

I suppose its all about what console your mates play. Most of mine play XB1, so I'm happy with it.

I haven't been on my PS4 in about three weeks. My mate has apparently jumped ship to the ONE. Thoughts lads? I know there's not much out for either at the minute, but playing with me mate(s) is one of the main reasons I play games. Would you recommend the ONE if I was to sell me Playsation?

I haven't been on my PS4 in about three weeks. My mate has apparently jumped ship to the ONE. Thoughts lads? I know there's not much out for either at the minute, but playing with me mate(s) is one of the main reasons I play games. Would you recommend the ONE if I was to sell me Playsation?

I have a PS4 (switched from the 360) and I couldnt do without it now. The remote play is incredible.

The lack of games doesn't bother me as I only play an hour or so a day anyway so I haven't gotten anywhere near finishing the main releases so far.

Main thing for me has been the performance online Karl. Barely a stutter on game play compared to ps3 which I found awful. Might just be next gen. As a console it's very user friendly and straight forward to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back