Xavi leaving Barca

Literally won the league last season :lol:
1 title in 3 goes and not pulling up any trees in Europe is pretty much par when you're managing Barca though (albeit in a dodgy period financially for them). Don't think he's done much to warrant strong consideration to replace Klopp.

My view also. However, if Leverkusen win the league for the first time in their history, then he will find it immensely difficult to walk away. Especially as he’s so young in management terms - if they win the league then he’ll get big offers no matter when he decides to leave. All depends whether he’s desperate to manage Liverpool, or would be just as happy at Bayern, United, City, Real, Barca, etc.

Definitely a mixed thread. Xavi - Barca - won’t be heading towards Liverpool. Xabi - Leverkusen - is very likely to be!
I get the feeling alonso would only leave leverkusen for Liverpool or Real. Ancelotti has just signed a contract extension until 2026 so I think he’s is nailed on for Liverpool. Playing fast attacking football, will be perfect for them I think

I get the feeling alonso would only leave leverkusen for Liverpool or Real. Ancelotti has just signed a contract extension until 2026 so I think he’s is nailed on for Liverpool. Playing fast attacking football, will be perfect for them I think
If he doesn’t win the league this season then I agree with you, it’s 100% nailed on. But…. If he wins the league with them for the first time in their history, then that’s something very different to walk away from.

If he doesn’t win the league this season then I agree with you, it’s 100% nailed on. But…. If he wins the league with them for the first time in their history, then that’s something very different to walk away from.
They’ve just dropped points today and still have Bayern to play so the title may slip away, only managed 60 games but so has Beale 😂

Asking for a friend. Is it possible to win the league but not literally? Maybe metaphorically, biblically, culturally, psychologically, etc.?

An update......
Google’s definition for 'literally' includes this: “Used to acknowledge that something is not literally true but is used for emphasis or to express strong feeling.” 🙄

Inevitable. Been playing awful this season but also been spouting more and more shite every time they fail to win and become quite a laughing stock over there

Back